WRITING ASSIGNMENT 2
After reading Chapter 11, The Congress, write an essay by answering/analyzing all of the following questions/topics. See this Sample American Government Writing Assignment for guidance with your assignment. (Click on the hyperlink to access the sample assignment.)
Why did the Founding Fathers establish a bicameral Congress? Be specific about the two reasons.
What are the main functions of the Congress? Be specific and give an example for each function.
How does a bill become law? Be specific about the steps in the lawmaking process.
In order to receive credit, you are required to:
See this Sample American Government Writing Assignment for guidance with your assignment. (Click on the hyperlink to access the sample assignment.)
Provide comprehensive answers/analysis by using the textbook (the assigned chapter) as the primary source of information.
Penalties for not following this requirement will range from 5% to 30%.
Divide the essay into paragraphs following each assigned question or topic.
Penalties for not following this requirement will range from 5% to 15%.
Submit your essay in at least 500 words.
Penalties for not following the length requirement will range from 5% to 50%.
Submit the assignment within the due date.
See the Late/Make-up Assignment policy in the syllabus for information about late submission penalties.
Provide in-text citations and references in the APA writing format.
Each in-text citation needs to include the last name of the author(s), the publication year, and the page or section and paragraph numbers. Here are examples of in-text citations: (Krutz and Waskiewicz, 2019, p. 27) or (Krutz and Waskiewicz, 2019, Section 3.1, para. 5) or (Krutz and Waskiewicz, 2019, 3.1, para. 5).
Penalties for not providing in-text citations and/or matching references will range from 10% to 50%.
See the videos below for specific information on how to provide in-text citations and references.
All essays will be submitted in the assigned drop box.
All essays will go through the Turnitin software for plagiarism check. An originality report will be released to you minutes after making the submission.
Use the following link to learn how to check the report.
How To Retrieve a TurnItIn Report
You are required to avoid using unnecessary quotes.
A quote is usually used when the same idea can’t be stated differently or when doing so may diminish its academic value. This is rarely the case in our undergraduate class.
In-text citations are required
Penalties for not complying will range from 5 to 40 points.
Plagiarism will not be tolerated. A failing grade for the assignment and/or the course will be awarded pursuant to the SPC Academic Integrity Policy. (https://go.spcollege.edu/AcademicHonesty/)
In addition to the aforementioned requirements, see the Written Assignment Grading Rubric for additional information about your assignment grade. (Find my comments under the grade/score that corresponds to yours.)
- Write a paragraph about how reading this article will affect your classroom practice.
- Explain why it is important that we would know the standard deviantisation for a given sample.
- Write an essay on one specific musical aspect common to a handful of films or more.
- In what state and/or federal court could the business law students file their legal action?
- Briefly describe the rationale for the services/interventions used to address the problem or issue discussed in #1.
- Describe the breadth of the discipline and how it relates to other things you study in college.
- What was the question Sir Arthur Lewis kept coming back to since his time growing up in St. Lucia regarding labor and wages?
- Explain how you will effectively influence, manage and monitor assessment and evaluation to ensure excellence in teaching and deep learning for all students?
- Discuss change strategies and identify which actions should be focused on first.
- Write a paper proposing how entrepreneurship should be researched.