Your short paper should address the following elements:
a) take a clear position as to whether gaming use has a positive or negative impact on attentional skills and why,
b) if your position was positive what clinical applications can gaming have to enhance attention in individuals who struggle with that cognitive skill? If your position was negative, what can be done to counter this effect?
c) must contain the description of at least one research study that investigates and demonstrates the impact of gaming on attentional skills.
You must use at least 4 credible sources. If needed, visit the Albizu Library Database Index. For the selection of your source, use PsycINFO or PsycARTICLES. Your articles MUST be:
Peer Reviewed ((a) limit your search to “peer-reviewed” and (b) check to see that the journal itself is peer reviewed by looking at their website-it will always be noted)
The articles MUST be of standard length (do not use a brief report or an abstract)
At least one (1) of the articles MUST contain a research study that was conducted (e.g. have Methods and Results sections)
DO NOT use Wikipedia or blogs as sources
You will upload the paper as a Word document or PDF to Blackboard for grading and feedback. Once the submissions are graded, you will be able to review the feedback provided to you in the grading rubric. Your short paper must be 34 pages in length (this does not include the cover page and the reference page). It should be written in 12-point Times New Roman font, with one-inch margins. All sources used must follow APA citation and reference format.
Any thoughts that are not your own MUST be cited in proper APA format. Direct quotes (short and long) MUST be cited and formatted following APA guidelines. Even if you paraphrase information, it MUST be cited. Papers are being evaluated through SafeAssign. Plagiarism will NOT be tolerated. If plagiarism is discovered, it will result in a grade of 0 for the assignment and possible disciplinary action.
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Discuss and demonstrate professional demeanor in your writing and critical thought throughout your paper.
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Explain how well you support your assertions, did you provide examples, how well did you contextualize the content, and how well did you employ ‘terms of art’.
- Discuss the major points made in the essay and evaluate whether you agree or disagree with the author’s overall conclusion.
- Write a research paper on recognize the relationship of criminal justice system components and processes with society and government.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Discuss the difference between homologues and analogues structures (including divergent and convergent evolution).
- Is a degree from an online college or university as legitimate as a degree from a brick-and-mortar university?
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.