After carefully reading and studying the content in chapter 6, read and answer the case study questions and post them to the discussion board.
Week 6, Chapter 6 Discussion Case Study- Lindsay
Use critical thinking and apply the information you learned in chapter 6.
Answer all the questions completely.
Write a well written paragraph to answer each question.
Your instructor is looking for 3-4 key points in your responses that relate to this weeks readings.
Reference your information using the APA citation format.
You will not be able to see what other learners have posted until you post your initial response.
Participation in weekly discussion is worth a significant part of your final grade and this forum presents you with an opportunity to develop a life-long skill of written communication. Please review the grading rubric attached to this assignment so you know what is expected. Please see course calendar for specific due dates.
“It was really hard spending last summer with my parents, because we kept arguing over food! Even though I’d told them that I’m a vegetarian, they kept serving meals with meat! Then they’d get mad when I’d fix myself a hummus sandwich! When it was my turn to cook, I made lentils with brown rice, whole-wheat pasta primavera, vegetarian curries, and lots of other yummy meals, but my dad kept insisting, “You have to eat meat, or you won’t get enough iron!” I told him that plant foods have lots of iron, but he wouldn’t listen. Was I ever glad to get back onto campus this fall!”
Your Advice for Lindsay;
Lindsay is a ballet dancer who trains daily. If she eats a vegetarian diet including meals such as the ones she describes here, will she be at risk for iron deficiency? Why or why not?
Are there any other micronutrients that might be low in Lindsays diet because she avoids meat? If so, what are they?
Overall, will Lindsay get enough energy to support her high level of physical activity on a vegetarian diet? How would she know if she were low in energy?
Suggest at least 3-4 specific alternative eating choices (meal or snack ideas) as it relates to the case study prompt.
- Write an analysis providing evidence and a rationale that a selected gap in practice is in fact the root of a business’s problem.
- Write a 1500-2000 word research proposal (approx. 5-8 pages) in which you will develop a research question based on the theoretical insights of one of the theorists we are learning about.
- Based on your interactions with the health care system, describe which model reflects the prevailing processes in your country.
- Work on a plan to advise an agency or organization or a community or a business on how to be more trauma-informed – and why it will be helpful. Think more deeply about how you can apply what we are covering in this introductory course into your own personal experience.
- Write an essay on “Putting Up with Hate is One Price of Free Speech” Make an argument either for or against “outrageous” speech being protected under the First Amendment. 1443358 4 hours ago Please write using simple words
- Write an essay reporting your efforts to find evidence of facilitative communicative acts in the recorded history of a group of people who worked on a project that eventually turned out to be highly successful. Describe and analyze 5 acts from the article by Raffi Khatchadourian, “We Know How You Feel,” that could be facilitative communicative acts that demonstrate why or how the team was successful.
- Prepare a planning sheet for Physical for toddlers, Teaching goal and Context area(whole child).
- Summarize seperately the following link into your own words.
- What is the claim related to globalization that you are choosing for your final paper?
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of research-based frameworks about learning