“Abnormal Psychology in the News.” There is a great deal of new research into the origins, diagnosis, and treatment of various mental and emotional disturbances. The results of these studies are typically published in scientific, peer-reviewed journals. However, the general population generally does not read or have the scientific background to understand these reviews and thus relies on popular media as their source of information.
This assignment requires you to find a recent (published no earlier than January 2017) popular press report (e.g., newspaper, magazine) discussing some form of psychopathology (any of the disorders we’ve covered in this course, for example, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, alcohol dependency, etc.) and compare it to information found in scientific journals.
Based on this comparison you will determine the accuracy of the news report as well as how the presentation of the news article might influence public knowledge and opinions about mental illness.
The paper should be written in APA style and should be 3 – 5 pages in length (double-spaced, Times New Roman 12pt. font).
- The proposal: Exploting Sustainable Agriculture
- Discussion Post 4
- Analysis of the novel All The Light We Cannot See
- ANALYSE AND IDEATE A2: Individual Report (Jason 17/04/2023)
- Describe the implications of the proposed intervention to nursing education and practice.
- Written Response to Full-Class Reading/Viewing Assignment #2
- compare and contrast essay
- Medical Report Composition
- Find a post (or post a link to) a concept of Communication in Film (photo, short video, brief piece of writing, song, etc –that no one else in the class has posted to the blog yet) related to dealing with coronavirus. You may write about films, songs, etc dealing with isolation, exile, and illness. No two posts can be identical.
- Child Psychology