Assignment Prompt: Craft a 4 page paper that discusses John Coltrane’s output, life, and influence on jazz specifically and music in general, as well as discussing the musical and historical contexts of that musician. Use this as an opportunity to use (and demonstrate) what you have learned in this class, through general course readings, lectures, and discussions, as well as from your concert review experiences and other assignments. Use citations to back up your thoughts, and make sure to organize the paper thoughtfully and logically.
My instruction: This isn’t just a summary of his life; it’s supposed to be reflective of this one book. I haven’t read Coltrane: The Story of a Sound either, but https://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/28/books/review/Mishra-t.html discusses it in a good amount of detail so reading the book isn’t necessary. MLA format (12 point font, Times New Roman, double spaced) Please include quotes from Coltrane: The Story of a Sound by Ben Ratliff if you can find any.
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Discuss and demonstrate professional demeanor in your writing and critical thought throughout your paper.
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Explain how well you support your assertions, did you provide examples, how well did you contextualize the content, and how well did you employ ‘terms of art’.
- Discuss the major points made in the essay and evaluate whether you agree or disagree with the author’s overall conclusion.
- Write a research paper on recognize the relationship of criminal justice system components and processes with society and government.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Discuss the difference between homologues and analogues structures (including divergent and convergent evolution).
- Is a degree from an online college or university as legitimate as a degree from a brick-and-mortar university?
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.