Read and provide a summary of one of the books listed below, as well as a reaction to the book (e.g., what you found interesting, new, surprising, controversial, useful) and two applications of the books principles to your life.
Your summary of the book should be one page, single spaced. Subheadings might be helpful to break up the material, but dont use them simply to fill empty space.
Your reaction and application should be one page, single spaced. Using subheadings for reaction and application would help.
You should avoid including a large number of quotes (one is fine if you find a good one, but any more than one is too much).
Also note that book summaries will be closely checked for plagiarism (against outside sources, the book, and other students in the class), so make sure to work independently and paraphrase.
Book options: You can summarize one of the following books (these are the only options)
o Cheapskate Next Door Yeager
o Contagious Berger
o Marshmallow Test Mischel
o Millionaire Next Door Stanley and Danko
o Nudge Thaler and Sunstein
o Power of Habit Duhigg
o Psychology of Investing Nofsinger
o Stuff: Compulsive Hoarding Steketee and Frost
o The Hidden Brain – Vedantam
o Why We Buy Underhill
- Write a paper on “Why did the Axis Powers lose World War II.”
- Write a critical analysis of the book Until I am Free: Fannie Lou Hamer’s Enduring Message to America by Keisha N. Blain.
- What are the concepts and practices the authors’ view as essential for a just society?
- Business Systems & Leadership
- Mainstreaming the migrant learner
- Gluten Free
- Why was Charles II the only successful Stuart monarch?
- Globalization and human rights discourse
- The New Playbook In Sports Marketing