In this discussion, students will demonstrate an understanding of the theories and causes of juvenile delinquency, as well as policy implications related to these theories, by applying these theories to a specific situation and discussing policies that can be implemented to address and prevent delinquent behavior.
Step 1: Choose one of the following:
Viewpoint policy discussion at the end of Chapter 3 in your textbook
Viewpoint program discussion at the end of Chapter 4 in your textbook
Viewpoint program discussion at the end of Chapter 5 in your textbook
Viewpoint case study at the end of Chapter 6 in your textbook
Step 2: Create an initial post addressing the following elements:
Briefly and concisely summarize your Viewpoint reading so that readers who may not have reviewed this selection have a clear understanding of it.
Identify at least one specific, modern criminological theory that you learned about in the chapter readings that is directly relevant to your Viewpoint discussion.
Possible choices here include the following theories: rational choice, biochemical, neurological, genetic, evolutionary, psychodynamic, attachment, behavioral/social learning, cognitive, social ecology, General Strain Theory, focal concerns, delinquent subculture, differential opportunity, differential association, neutralization, social bond, social reaction/labeling, age-graded, General Theory of Crime, Loebers pathways, or Moffitts offender typologies.
In your own words, clearly and concisely describe your selected theory.
Clearly identify how your theory explains juvenile offending. In other words, what is/are the key factor(s) that lead to offending?
Clearly state how the theory is relevant to your Viewpoint selection.
Identify one specific concept (for example, one of the key terms listed at the end of the chapter) that is relevant to your Viewpoint selection.
Define this concept and clearly discuss why it is relevant to your Viewpoint reading.
Thoroughly address at least two of the questions included at the end of your Viewpoint reading in the textbook.
Use and cite evidence from your Viewpoint reading and/or the chapter readings to support your responses.
Continuing the Discussion: Consider the Module 3 readings and resources. Develop one discussion question relevant to a topic you found interesting from the Module 3 readings and resources (including a topic related to your Viewpoint selection, if you are interested in further discussing this with your classmates). Your discussion question should further the discussion on the module materials (i.e. it should not be able to be answered with a simple “yes” or “no”).
- The proposal: Exploting Sustainable Agriculture
- Discussion Post 4
- Analysis of the novel All The Light We Cannot See
- ANALYSE AND IDEATE A2: Individual Report (Jason 17/04/2023)
- Describe the implications of the proposed intervention to nursing education and practice.
- Written Response to Full-Class Reading/Viewing Assignment #2
- compare and contrast essay
- Medical Report Composition
- Find a post (or post a link to) a concept of Communication in Film (photo, short video, brief piece of writing, song, etc –that no one else in the class has posted to the blog yet) related to dealing with coronavirus. You may write about films, songs, etc dealing with isolation, exile, and illness. No two posts can be identical.
- Child Psychology