The purpose of this essay is to build an analytical and original perspective on a built, conserved, or
preserved landscape case study/ project/ system (that you select) through the lens of a major
historical landscape paradigm. Ultimately, your essay will seek to
answer the questions;
1. In what way the selected landscape case study has been influenced, evolved, or can be
understood in the light of the cross-referenced historical paradigm(s), as well as its major
contributions to the ideals of the landscape discipline? (answering the question why is the
selected case important).
2. How can the landscape case study be evolved to render a more holistic narrative of the
ideals it espouses and those of the landscape architectural discipline? (creative design
The exceptional essay will unpack the nuanced layers of a landscape architectural case study’s
essence including its ecological, cultural, political, indigenous traditional nuances, and beyond as well
as convey these ideas through both written and visual (historic and contemporary maps, sections,
diagrams, etc.) means. In addition to the creative or scientific ideals, one approach is to also consider
the historical policies that have shaped the landscape case study/ project/ system. Essays can also
consider a critical layering of multiple historical paradigms as a means of a deeper understanding of
the landscape case study. A typical analytical reflection piece entails multiple layering of qualitative or
quantitative information to yield “new” or critical insights.
The essay format should be as follows:
1. Introduction – and clear thesis statement outlining the relationship between landscape case
study and historical paradigm.
2. Literature Review – and connection to selected case study
3. Main Arguments – and supporting material including visuals, photographs, and design
5. Bibliography of referenced sources (APA or MLA citation style) along with intext citations
- The proposal: Exploting Sustainable Agriculture
- Discussion Post 4
- Analysis of the novel All The Light We Cannot See
- ANALYSE AND IDEATE A2: Individual Report (Jason 17/04/2023)
- Describe the implications of the proposed intervention to nursing education and practice.
- Written Response to Full-Class Reading/Viewing Assignment #2
- compare and contrast essay
- Medical Report Composition
- Find a post (or post a link to) a concept of Communication in Film (photo, short video, brief piece of writing, song, etc –that no one else in the class has posted to the blog yet) related to dealing with coronavirus. You may write about films, songs, etc dealing with isolation, exile, and illness. No two posts can be identical.
- Child Psychology