Epidemiologists study the occurrence and transmission of human diseases on a global scale. This is no easy task since pathogens, or disease-causing organisms, are everywhere. It is virtually impossible to avoid coming into contact with a potentially pathogenic microorganism in the modern world.
In this Assignment, you will practice some epidemiology. You will apply what you have learned about the structure and function of microorganisms as you explore a pathogenic microbe and its impact on human health.
To complete the Assignment, choose one of the microbes assigned by your instructor. Include the following prompts within your discussion:
Provide background about the disease-causing microbe. Is it a virus, bacterium, etc.? What are the symptoms of the disease?
Describe the impact of this microbe on human health. Why would this disease be of concern to epidemiologists? What is the prevalence of the disease in the human population?
Describe any treatments available for the disease. Include vaccinations and chemotherapeutic treatment options.
In your opinion, would the innate immune system or the adaptive immune system be more effective at fighting off this infection? Explain your answer and provide examples as support.
At least 3 academic sources. These can include references provided within the project directions and the textbook. The Purdue Global Library is also a great source for academic references. Do not use sources such as Wikipedia or Ask.com. References should be credible and academic in nature.
Free of grammatical and spelling errors
No evidence of plagiarism. Assignment should be written in your own words, and sources should be properly cited and referenced. Use of quoted material should be limited to no more than 10% of the total paper.
- Write a reflection based on the PowerPoint slides of Beth Corey and how it applies to early childhood education.
- What environmental pollutants cause the outbreaks?
- Explain how you would define Social Psychology from the sociological perspective?
- Does the United States have a crime “problem” compared to other advanced and industrialized nations?
- Explain How New Technologies Are Making an Impact on Businesses.
- What are arguments for or against investing time and resources into protecting languages from extinction?
- What are the steps in the budgeting process, and how would you describe each step in sequence?
- Explain in detail how pre-assessment data could help support or determine the two students’ needs.
- Describe how culture may affect help seeking behaviors and the experience of trauma for survivors?
- Explain How Social Media affects self esteem and body image in young women between 21-30.