Epidemiologists study the occurrence and transmission of human diseases on a global scale. This is no easy task since pathogens, or disease-causing organisms, are everywhere. It is virtually impossible to avoid coming into contact with a potentially pathogenic microorganism in the modern world.
In this Assignment, you will practice some epidemiology. You will apply what you have learned about the structure and function of microorganisms as you explore a pathogenic microbe and its impact on human health.
To complete the Assignment, choose one of the microbes assigned by your instructor. Include the following prompts within your discussion:
Provide background about the disease-causing microbe. Is it a virus, bacterium, etc.? What are the symptoms of the disease?
Describe the impact of this microbe on human health. Why would this disease be of concern to epidemiologists? What is the prevalence of the disease in the human population?
Describe any treatments available for the disease. Include vaccinations and chemotherapeutic treatment options.
In your opinion, would the innate immune system or the adaptive immune system be more effective at fighting off this infection? Explain your answer and provide examples as support.
At least 3 academic sources. These can include references provided within the project directions and the textbook. The Purdue Global Library is also a great source for academic references. Do not use sources such as Wikipedia or Ask.com. References should be credible and academic in nature.
Free of grammatical and spelling errors
No evidence of plagiarism. Assignment should be written in your own words, and sources should be properly cited and referenced. Use of quoted material should be limited to no more than 10% of the total paper.
- Write an analysis providing evidence and a rationale that a selected gap in practice is in fact the root of a business’s problem.
- Write a 1500-2000 word research proposal (approx. 5-8 pages) in which you will develop a research question based on the theoretical insights of one of the theorists we are learning about.
- Based on your interactions with the health care system, describe which model reflects the prevailing processes in your country.
- Work on a plan to advise an agency or organization or a community or a business on how to be more trauma-informed – and why it will be helpful. Think more deeply about how you can apply what we are covering in this introductory course into your own personal experience.
- Write an essay on “Putting Up with Hate is One Price of Free Speech” Make an argument either for or against “outrageous” speech being protected under the First Amendment. 1443358 4 hours ago Please write using simple words
- Write an essay reporting your efforts to find evidence of facilitative communicative acts in the recorded history of a group of people who worked on a project that eventually turned out to be highly successful. Describe and analyze 5 acts from the article by Raffi Khatchadourian, “We Know How You Feel,” that could be facilitative communicative acts that demonstrate why or how the team was successful.
- Prepare a planning sheet for Physical for toddlers, Teaching goal and Context area(whole child).
- Summarize seperately the following link into your own words.
- What is the claim related to globalization that you are choosing for your final paper?
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of research-based frameworks about learning