In this application, develop a well-crafted essay, of at least 500 words, that uses the work of Habermas and/or Deetz to assess the argument made by Michael Pollan about animal rights.
The issue is not whether or not you support animal rights. The issue is how well Pollan discursively redeemed his claims or used speech acts to achieve discursive closure.
You should use at least two detailed examples to support your evaluation of Pollan’s argument.
In this application, use at least one authoritative source to support your analysis. The source may be academic or popular. Include bibliographic information in your essay and in a works cited section.
Use these links to read the article, “An Animal’s Place,” by Michael Pollan.
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Discuss and demonstrate professional demeanor in your writing and critical thought throughout your paper.
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Explain how well you support your assertions, did you provide examples, how well did you contextualize the content, and how well did you employ ‘terms of art’.
- Discuss the major points made in the essay and evaluate whether you agree or disagree with the author’s overall conclusion.
- Write a research paper on recognize the relationship of criminal justice system components and processes with society and government.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Discuss the difference between homologues and analogues structures (including divergent and convergent evolution).
- Is a degree from an online college or university as legitimate as a degree from a brick-and-mortar university?
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.