Teachers need to be ready to provide parents with information regarding outside services if parents request the information. This can be hard to do if you havent already examined what is available in your area.
For your last assignment for this course, you will be looking at the resources available in your area. Using the answers to the extra question asked during each interview, find one community resource that you feel you will get asked about the most. Research this community resource to determine what services are provided, hours of operation, process to use services, history, contact information, and cost.
Take all of the information you discovered to create a flier that you could hand to parents about this resource. This flier should not be one that is available from the resource itself. It needs to be geared to the families in your community. It should be written in language that is meaningful to your families.
When you submit your flier, also include a 3-5 paragraph essay containing the other resources you learned about during your interview that you did not choose to turn into a flier, why you chose the community resource you chose over the other resources shared with you, and how you see this resource serving the families in your community. Post your brochure to module 10 discussion.
- Write an article “Why there is a worldwide shortage of vanilla” by C.D. in The Economist.
- What were the most surprising things you learned from this article?
- Write a research essay explaining how one theme in the novel Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler provides insight into or comments on our contemporary world.
- Write a book review of the insecure city: space, power, and mobility in Beirut.
- What is most important to you about a bank – swag/freebies, customer service, lowest/competitive rates, or ease of online access/app usage?
- Briefly describe other elements of the work(s): the form, the style of language, verisimilitude, and other elements we’ve discussed in class.
- Write a research paper on drug use among first generation college student.
- Explain why Recreational Marijuana Should Be Legal?
- Write a research paper on whether the healthcare should be a fundamental human right.
- Discuss some of the factors that lead to the acceptance of false beliefs as well as some of the factors that lead us to recognize and reject false beliefs.