This week, pick one choice you have had to make or that you may someday be forced to make in the criminal justice field. For example, it could be whether or not to lie about an unconstitutional search that you or another officer performed. Do not use an example discussed in the textbook. Using a consequentialist methodology with a calculation of pros and cons in a numerical weighing like Bentham’s felicity calculus, determine the pros and cons of that choice set, and explain which is the ethical choice to actually make in light of that methodology. Explain in full how you are utilizing the selected methodology and what are your results from the same. Your calculus should include scoring/points showing a quantitative analysis of your decision making. Continue by exploring outside sources (other than the textbook) on the subject of consequentialist ethics. Also, consider the criticisms of consequentialist ethics, particularly as demonstrated by your analyzed fact scenario. 7-8 pages, but you need not attach a cover page or abstract. Have fun (pun intended).
- What variation in the number and kind of aggression (e.g. physical, relational, manipulative, etc.) did you observe?
- Write a research paper outlining the five main purposes of case management.
- Write a research paper that examines root cause analysis and affinity diagrams.
- What questions do you have for your faculty member and course colleagues about publishing your research and the DTP Workshop?
- Write a research paper outlining the significance of observing both verbal and nonverbal cues in conversation.
- Write a research report addressing the question: Is metformin (intervention) a more effective way to manage type 2 diabetes in older people (population) than chlorpropamide (comparator)?
- Compose a study describing how to handle a challenge in a presentation.
- Write a research paper that examines the Intelligence Case Study “Colin Powell’s speech at the United Nations on February 5, 2003.”
- Write a research paper on the interactions and overlaps between leadership and communications.
- Write a research paper on the topic of student-centered learning facilitation.