The BSN Essentials (AACN, 2008) outline a number of healthcare policy and advocacy competencies for
the BSN-prepared nurse. Reflect on the course readings, discussion threads, and applications you have
completed across this course and write a reflective essay regarding the extent to which you feel you are
now prepared to (choose 4):
1. Demonstrate the professional standards of moral, ethical, and legal conduct.
2. Assume accountability for personal and professional behaviors.
3. Promote the image of nursing by modeling the values and articulating the knowledge, skills, and attitudes
of the nursing profession.
Florida National University
NUR3826 Course Reflection Guidelines.docx 6/10/2021 2
4. Demonstrate professionalism, including attention to appearance, demeanor, respect for self
and others, and attention to professional boundaries with patients and families as well as
5. Demonstrate an appreciation of the history of and contemporary issues in nursing and their impact on
current nursing practice.
6. Reflect on ones own beliefs and values as they relate to professional practice.
7. Identify personal, professional, and environmental risks that impact personal and professional choices,
8. Communicate to the healthcare team ones personal bias on difficult healthcare decisions that impact
ones ability to provide care.
9. Recognize the impact of attitudes, values, and expectations on the care of the very young, frail
older adults, and other vulnerable populations.
10. Protect patient privacy and confidentiality of patient records and other privileged communications.
11. Access interprofessional and intra-professional resources to resolve ethical and other practice dilemmas.
12. Act to prevent unsafe, illegal, or unethical care practices.
13. Articulate the value of pursuing practice excellence, lifelong learning, and professional
engagement to foster professional growth and development.
14. Recognize the relationship between personal health, self-renewal,
and the ability to deliver sustained quality care. (p. 28).
American Association of Colleges of Nursing [AACN]. (2008). The essentials of baccalaureate education
for professional nursing practice. Washington, DC: Author.
Guidelines are attached
- The proposal: Exploting Sustainable Agriculture
- Discussion Post 4
- Analysis of the novel All The Light We Cannot See
- ANALYSE AND IDEATE A2: Individual Report (Jason 17/04/2023)
- Describe the implications of the proposed intervention to nursing education and practice.
- Written Response to Full-Class Reading/Viewing Assignment #2
- compare and contrast essay
- Medical Report Composition
- Find a post (or post a link to) a concept of Communication in Film (photo, short video, brief piece of writing, song, etc –that no one else in the class has posted to the blog yet) related to dealing with coronavirus. You may write about films, songs, etc dealing with isolation, exile, and illness. No two posts can be identical.
- Child Psychology