The BSN Essentials (AACN, 2008) outline a number of healthcare policy and advocacy competencies for
the BSN-prepared nurse. Reflect on the course readings, discussion threads, and applications you have
completed across this course and write a reflective essay regarding the extent to which you feel you are
now prepared to (choose 4):
1. Demonstrate the professional standards of moral, ethical, and legal conduct.
2. Assume accountability for personal and professional behaviors.
3. Promote the image of nursing by modeling the values and articulating the knowledge, skills, and attitudes
of the nursing profession.
Florida National University
NUR3826 Course Reflection Guidelines.docx 6/10/2021 2
4. Demonstrate professionalism, including attention to appearance, demeanor, respect for self
and others, and attention to professional boundaries with patients and families as well as
5. Demonstrate an appreciation of the history of and contemporary issues in nursing and their impact on
current nursing practice.
6. Reflect on ones own beliefs and values as they relate to professional practice.
7. Identify personal, professional, and environmental risks that impact personal and professional choices,
8. Communicate to the healthcare team ones personal bias on difficult healthcare decisions that impact
ones ability to provide care.
9. Recognize the impact of attitudes, values, and expectations on the care of the very young, frail
older adults, and other vulnerable populations.
10. Protect patient privacy and confidentiality of patient records and other privileged communications.
11. Access interprofessional and intra-professional resources to resolve ethical and other practice dilemmas.
12. Act to prevent unsafe, illegal, or unethical care practices.
13. Articulate the value of pursuing practice excellence, lifelong learning, and professional
engagement to foster professional growth and development.
14. Recognize the relationship between personal health, self-renewal,
and the ability to deliver sustained quality care. (p. 28).
American Association of Colleges of Nursing [AACN]. (2008). The essentials of baccalaureate education
for professional nursing practice. Washington, DC: Author.
Guidelines are attached
- Discourse and Problem Solving Role Play Discussion Topic
- Consider what else you might like to know about the concept that is not measured by the questionnaire you identified. Construct a short questionnaire with at least five items including a combination of closed and open items following the Steps in Constructing a Questionnaire. Make sure that your questionnaire follows the principles of good questionnaire construction. Create a post in which you provide the information about the questionnaire you located and the questionnaire you designed.
- Credit Report (BNF)
- Disscussion Work
- Stock Market Project
- Discuss the benefits of being hypervigilant in a deployed atmosphere versus the concern for the same hypervigilance at home. Additionally, explain why Service member aggression coupled with combat skills tend to make civilians uneasy.
- Explain why it is important that all individuals—not just scientists—have a clear understanding of science as a method of inquiry.
- Does violence in mass media (TV, movie, music, video games) impact violence among juveniles?
- Comparing Different International HRM Strategies
- Negotiation strategies/concepts