Design an Experiment
200 – 300 words
Make an Observation & Ask a Question: 30-50 words
What is something that interesting about humans? Ask a testable question.
Construct a hypothesis: 20-40 words
Think of a good hypothesis.
How do you measure it?
Is it testable? Can it be proven wrong?
Methodology: 50- 70 words
Population and sample?
How many groups? Which is the experimental/control?
What is different between the groups (IV)?
What are you measuring? How (DV)?
Results: 50- 70 words
What happened? Did the results support/disconfirm your hypothesis?
Critical Analysis: 50- 70 words
How can your experiment be improved? Limitations? What is the next step in research? Future research?
- Write an article “Why there is a worldwide shortage of vanilla” by C.D. in The Economist.
- What were the most surprising things you learned from this article?
- Write a research essay explaining how one theme in the novel Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler provides insight into or comments on our contemporary world.
- Write a book review of the insecure city: space, power, and mobility in Beirut.
- What is most important to you about a bank – swag/freebies, customer service, lowest/competitive rates, or ease of online access/app usage?
- Briefly describe other elements of the work(s): the form, the style of language, verisimilitude, and other elements we’ve discussed in class.
- Write a research paper on drug use among first generation college student.
- Explain why Recreational Marijuana Should Be Legal?
- Write a research paper on whether the healthcare should be a fundamental human right.
- Discuss some of the factors that lead to the acceptance of false beliefs as well as some of the factors that lead us to recognize and reject false beliefs.