Follow these guidelines when completing this assignment. Speak with your faculty member if you have questions.
1) Select a disease process that interests you.
2) Obtain approval of the selected disease process from the course faculty.
a. Faculty will share how to submit your topic choice for approval.
3) Write a 2-3 page paper (excluding title and reference pages).
4) Include the following sections about the selected disease process (detailed criteria listed below and in the Grading
a. Introduction of disease – 20 points/20%
One paragraph (approximately 200 words) Includes disease description
Includes epidemiology of disease
b. Etiology and risk factors – 20 points/20%
Common causes of the disease or condition
Risk factors for the disease or condition
Impact of age
Prevalence based on gender,
Influence of environment
Genetic basis of disease
All information supported by current literature
c. Pathophysiological processes – 20 points/20%
Describes changes occurring at the cellular, tissue, and/or organ level that contribute to the disease
Describes adaptation of the cells and body in response to the disease.
Relates disease processes to manifested signs and symptoms.
d. Clinical manifestations and complications – 20 points/20%
Describes the physical signs and symptoms that are important in considering the presence of the disease. Identifies signs that contribute to diagnosis of the condition
Identifies symptoms that contribute to diagnosis of the condition.
Identifies complications of the disease.
Discusses the implications to the patient when complications are left untreated.
e. Diagnostics – 10 points/10%
Includes list of common laboratory and diagnostic tests used to determine the presence of
RUA: Pathophysiological Processes Guidelines
Discusses the significance of test findings in relation to the disease process. f. APA Style and Organization – 10 points/10%
References are submitted with assignment.
Uses appropriate APA format (7th ed.) and is free of errors.
Grammar and mechanics are free of errors.
Paper is 2-3 pages, excluding title and reference pages
At least two (2) scholarly, primary sources from the last 5 years, excluding the textbook, are provided
For writing assistance (APA, formatting, or grammar) visit the APA Citatio
- The proposal: Exploting Sustainable Agriculture
- Discussion Post 4
- Analysis of the novel All The Light We Cannot See
- ANALYSE AND IDEATE A2: Individual Report (Jason 17/04/2023)
- Describe the implications of the proposed intervention to nursing education and practice.
- Written Response to Full-Class Reading/Viewing Assignment #2
- compare and contrast essay
- Medical Report Composition
- Find a post (or post a link to) a concept of Communication in Film (photo, short video, brief piece of writing, song, etc –that no one else in the class has posted to the blog yet) related to dealing with coronavirus. You may write about films, songs, etc dealing with isolation, exile, and illness. No two posts can be identical.
- Child Psychology