Follow these guidelines when completing this assignment. Speak with your faculty member if you have questions.
1) Select a disease process that interests you.
2) Obtain approval of the selected disease process from the course faculty.
a. Faculty will share how to submit your topic choice for approval.
3) Write a 2-3 page paper (excluding title and reference pages).
4) Include the following sections about the selected disease process (detailed criteria listed below and in the Grading
a. Introduction of disease – 20 points/20%
One paragraph (approximately 200 words) Includes disease description
Includes epidemiology of disease
b. Etiology and risk factors – 20 points/20%
Common causes of the disease or condition
Risk factors for the disease or condition
Impact of age
Prevalence based on gender,
Influence of environment
Genetic basis of disease
All information supported by current literature
c. Pathophysiological processes – 20 points/20%
Describes changes occurring at the cellular, tissue, and/or organ level that contribute to the disease
Describes adaptation of the cells and body in response to the disease.
Relates disease processes to manifested signs and symptoms.
d. Clinical manifestations and complications – 20 points/20%
Describes the physical signs and symptoms that are important in considering the presence of the disease. Identifies signs that contribute to diagnosis of the condition
Identifies symptoms that contribute to diagnosis of the condition.
Identifies complications of the disease.
Discusses the implications to the patient when complications are left untreated.
e. Diagnostics – 10 points/10%
Includes list of common laboratory and diagnostic tests used to determine the presence of
RUA: Pathophysiological Processes Guidelines
Discusses the significance of test findings in relation to the disease process. f. APA Style and Organization – 10 points/10%
References are submitted with assignment.
Uses appropriate APA format (7th ed.) and is free of errors.
Grammar and mechanics are free of errors.
Paper is 2-3 pages, excluding title and reference pages
At least two (2) scholarly, primary sources from the last 5 years, excluding the textbook, are provided
For writing assistance (APA, formatting, or grammar) visit the APA Citatio
- Write a review with updates based on the paper’s rubrics and comments.
- Briefly describe what type of healthcare inequity was depicted in the video.
- Discuss the Washington’s’ Relentless Pursuit of Their Runaway Slave, Ona Judge.
- Write a research paper on a country that has a negative political atmosphere.
- To what extent did Roman rule change the civic institutions and administration of the cities of the Greek East?
- Are you impressed by the use of celebrities in product advertisements?
- Discuss and demonstrate how classes provide a blueprint for the objects of the class.
- Write a research paper about the COVID-19 virus’s effects.
- What issues existed concerning immigration in the US in the late-19thand early-20th centuries?
- Write a comparative essay is adopted from the work of Vicki Visis and Jerry Plotnick from the University of Toronto.