Discussion 1: Differentiating the OD Profession
The profession of optimizing organizational performance is quite broad, and it encompasses several fields, practice areas, and specialties. These include industrial/organizational (I/O) psychology, organizational development, organizational psychology, organizational psychology and development (OPD), consulting psychology, change management, organizational consulting, organizational design, and management consulting. When working with clients, it’s important to distinguish yourself as an OD practitioner and to fully understand your role so that you can explain the strengths, benefits, and nuances of OD practice as opposed to similar disciplines.
In this Discussion, you identify the elements that differentiate OD from other fields.
Review this week’s Learning Resources and consider what differentiates OD from other fields that work to optimize organizational performance.
Research the various fields and disciplines associated with organizational development, improvement, and change. Think about what OD is and what it is not.
By Day 3 Wednesday Page 1
Post briefly summarize the various fields and disciplines associated with organizational development, improvement, and change. Then discuss what OD is and what it is not. Provide examples and resources that differentiate and distinguish OD as a unique profession. Also explain how OD professionals can work collaboratively with other practice areas to provide additional benefits to client organizations.
By Day 5 Friday Page 2
Provide an in-depth response to at least two of your colleagues’ postings. A suitable response will include several of the following:
Ask a probing question.
Share an insight from having read your colleague’s posting.
Offer and support an opinion.
Validate an idea with your own experience.
Make a suggestion.
Expand on your colleague’s posting.
Note: Support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources and any additional scholarly and recent (within the last 5 years) sources you identify, using both in-text citations and references.
Submission and Grading Information
To access your rubric:
Week 1 Discussion Rubric
Post by Day 3 and Respond by Day 5
To participate in this Discussion:
Week 1 Discussion
- Write a paper on the Madisonian Model of American Government.
- Write a paper on “How one defines what a person is or when human life begins determines one’s bioethical views on major issues such as abortion, IVF, embryonic stem cell research, and euthanasia.”
- Write a paper on how Critical analysis can be understood as the practice or process of breaking down and examining arguments presented in text or speech and assessing their viability.
- What is the prevalence of acute malnutrition between children 6–59 months of age living at Mifolni refugee camp? What are the major factors that could be associated with acute malnutrition in the camp?
- Write a Final Review Essay on Cone’s The Cross and the Lynching Tree
- Write a paper on the principles with which the website will be designed so that it is pedagogically effective in teaching students the history of Black female mathematicians.
- Knowledge and competencies of an enrollment management professional.
- What are the effects of Bullying and Mental Health.
- WRITE AN ESSAY AMERICAN NATIONAL GOVERNMENT
- Write an essay on the Children taking antipsychtics not prescribed by a mental health provider.