Assignment 1: Educational Inequality Essay
Due by 11:59 pm ET on Sunday of Week 3
Assume that you are the advisor to a candidate for U.S. President in the next election. You are asked to write a position paper on inequalities within the educational system and federal policies that could address these problems. You must gather the information that will help to explain these issues to the candidate so that she or he can intelligently discuss them in an upcoming debate.
Within four to five pages
Identify and discuss inequalities within the U.S. education system.
Discuss how economic factors affect white and non-white students’ educational experience and attainment.
Identify and discuss policies that address educational inequalities in the U.S. between white and non-white students
Apply two of the sociological theories from our course materials (not by googling the internet) in your response. Sociological theories include functionalism, conflict theory, feminist theory, symbolic interactionism, and others as mentioned in our readings and materials.
Include at least three peer-reviewed sociological journal articles from our library (from within the past 5 years)within your response.
Your paper should utilize sound critical thought and it should include appropriate headings and subheadings to identify each section, APA in-text citations, and APA full-reference citations.
The structure of the paper must include the following:
— TITLE PAGE (1 page)
— BODY OF PAPER WITH SUBHEADINGS TO IDENTIFY EACH SECTION (4 full pages minimum; 5-page max)
— REFERENCE PAGE (1-2 pages)
Submissions should be typed, double-spaced, 1″ margins, times new roman 12 pt font, and saved as .doc, .docx, .pdf.
Use APA format for citations and references
View the grading rubric so you understand how you will be assessed on this Assignment.
Disclaimer- Originality of attachments will be verified by Turnitin. Both you and your instructor will receive the results.
This course has “Resubmission” status enabled to help you if you need to submit multiple documents as part of your Assignment. Resubmission of an Assignment after it is graded, to attempt a better grade, is not permitted.
- Describe the various methods advertisers use to segment and aggregate markets.
- Discuss the prognosis for a child born who is afflicted with the developmental problem that you choose to talk about.
- Compare the importance of infrastuture on both country.
- Explain how Steinbeck uses the chrysanthemums as a symbol (perhaps both cultural and contextual?) that provides insight into Elisa.
- Explain if you plan to conduct a regression analysis or correlation or t-test, and the measurements you plan to use You will be utilizing descriptive analysis and using descriptive statistics within Data Analysis in Excel (mean, median, standard deviation analysis, minimum, maximum).
- What factors might promote or slow down brain development?
- Compare and contrast the various leadership styles and evaluate how such styles can impact employee performance.
- Write an example of Jewish or Early Christian Art, formally analyze the artistic developments based on the following: materials, composition, color, spatial qualities, etc.
- Explain how you would introduce this topic to catch the audience’s attention and keep them engaged in the presentation.
- Describe something you learned from the documentary and how that impacted you.