Discuss one of the poems from this week’s reading not covered in the mini-lectures–i.e. choose either Yearsley, Southey, or Blake. In what ways does the poem either suggest sympathy with or antipathy toward Wollstonecraft’s Vindication? What does the author agree/disagree with? How does the author use specific rhetorical devices or poetical language to make her or his argument? I’m more interested in your thought process and your willingness to try to understand the readings than whether you “get it right,” so don’t worry too much if there are parts you don’t completely understand–just take a stab!
Your grade will be based on the following two criteria:
1. Original Post: Does your post demonstrate a clear effort to understand Wollstonecraft’s ideas and those of her critics/supporters? Have you discussed the poem’s purpose, form, and/or style? Was your post submitted on time in order to give others a chance to respond?
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Discuss and demonstrate professional demeanor in your writing and critical thought throughout your paper.
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Explain how well you support your assertions, did you provide examples, how well did you contextualize the content, and how well did you employ ‘terms of art’.
- Discuss the major points made in the essay and evaluate whether you agree or disagree with the author’s overall conclusion.
- Write a research paper on recognize the relationship of criminal justice system components and processes with society and government.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Discuss the difference between homologues and analogues structures (including divergent and convergent evolution).
- Is a degree from an online college or university as legitimate as a degree from a brick-and-mortar university?
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.