Hi, please no plagiarism, at least three sources. Thank you!! Write a research-based essay on one
of the following topics:
Summarize disagreements about
the authorship of Frankenstein, and
state an opinion. (One important source is the controversial study of 2007, The Man Who Wrote Frankenstein by John Lauritsen. Responses to Lauritsens
argument are also informative.)
Discuss the history of vampire
literature, and how it is related to a belief in vampires as part of folklore.
Some questions to consider: If vampires were traditionally assumed to be
nocturnal, and vulnerable to being destroyed by sunlight, how have these
characteristics been changed in relatively recent vampire fiction? Why does
Count Dracula has to travel with a small amount of earth from his native
Transylvania, yet Anne Rices vampires can travel the world and survive
anywhere? What characteristics do all vampires, per se, have to have? Do
fictional vampires seem to be losing their ability to terrify mortals?
For this project, you
could choose instead to compare and contrast two or more vampire novels. For
example, you could compare the depiction of slavery in Interview with the Vampire with that in one or more vampire novels
by women writers of African descent (e.g. Octavia Butler, Jewelle Gomez, Fiona
Explain metaphysics, as
practiced professionally by Ned Mathey in Death
by Silver. How are his methods
(as taught to him in Oxford) derived from medieval belief systems?
Discuss the personality and the appearance of Louis C. de Ferre in An
Ungodly Child in terms of historical conceptions of Lucifer/Satan/the
The book on demonology by King
James I and VI, first published in the 1590s, and analyzed by Donald Tyson in
The etymology of different
words for a debatably identical being: Satan, Lucifer, demon, devil,
Old Nick, Father of Lies,
Comments by Pope Francis
(and/or much earlier Catholic authority figures) on capitalism as the devil,
Meanings of the Devil as a card in the Major Arcana of the tarot deck.
- The proposal: Exploting Sustainable Agriculture
- Discussion Post 4
- Analysis of the novel All The Light We Cannot See
- ANALYSE AND IDEATE A2: Individual Report (Jason 17/04/2023)
- Describe the implications of the proposed intervention to nursing education and practice.
- Written Response to Full-Class Reading/Viewing Assignment #2
- compare and contrast essay
- Medical Report Composition
- Find a post (or post a link to) a concept of Communication in Film (photo, short video, brief piece of writing, song, etc –that no one else in the class has posted to the blog yet) related to dealing with coronavirus. You may write about films, songs, etc dealing with isolation, exile, and illness. No two posts can be identical.
- Child Psychology