Discuss why you want an MPH degree in general. What is your overall goal, professionally, and where are you trying to go with an MPH degree? This is where you want to incorporate that narrative and your passion. I would focus on what you are trying to accomplish with an MPH degree, and then end the first paragraph with, “Hence, this is why I wish to pursue the Master of Public Health at the University of Southern California’s Keck School of Medicine.”
This paragraph should strictly focus on why you want USC’s MPH program specifically. Highlight everything that makes our program unique and stand out to you. Incorporate the specific program examples you already mentioned during our initial call. Specific classes, professors, curriculum, structure, live lectures, convenience and flexibility of the program, etc. I included our MPH site at the bottom of this e-mail which should help in choosing specific professors, classes, and so on.
This paragraph should focus entirely on why USC. You want to incorporate USC examples rather the program examples like you did in the second paragraph. Ranking, history, support, communication, faculty, your exposure to the type of institution USC is, etc.
This paragraph should answer the question of how this MPH degree will affect or impact you once you have it. You want to tie in your professional experience and how your experience will help you be successful within this program. You want this paragraph to answer how will the MPH degree affect your current career and the direction you wish to pursue. “Because I’ve accomplished this…, I know my next step is this…, and USC’s MPH program will prepare me to do so by…” Just an example.
This should conclude your statement. You want to recap and summarize. “In summarization, this is why I want USC’s MPH program, this is why I want to attend USC, and this is how my MPH degree will impact me immediately or in the long run.” I would also tie in things you mentioned within the intro paragraph as far as your overall goal(s) and how this program will help you get there. Thank the committee for their time and consideration, as well, and you should be all set.
- Describe 4 ways you can make deposits in other people’s emotional bank accounts.
- Explain Plato Knowledge and Reality and relate to the Socratic method.
- What matters is if the story has TIP CUP values.
- Write a paper explaining patients’ rights as it relates to choice of treatment, consent for treatment, and refusal of treatment.
- What is the legacy of colonialism according to the various authors that we have read (be sure to reference at least three)?
- Write an essay on why qualifying with your weapon is important in the army/military.
- Describe the internal and external criticism that is used to evaluate middle range theories”.
- Discuss the types of behaviors that are typically exhibited by a facilitator in team meetings.
- Describe a scene (specific place) you remember from your childhood.
- Explain how Peter Funt builds an argument to persuade his audience that the digital age is making it more difficult to preserve one’s memories.