Textbook: Human Resource Management (See attached below)
Article: Job Analysis (Attached)
Article: How to Write Accurate, Useful and Legal Job Descriptions
Article: Why a Job Description Shapes Performance Reviews
Article: Lean but Agile: Rethink Workforce Planning and Gain a True Competitive Edge
Article: Recruiting, Interviewing, Selecting & Orienting New Employees (See link: https://bookshelf.vitalsource.com/#/books/9780814420256/pageid/4)
Article: From Interview to Offer: The 30-60-90 Plan (See attached Article)
Staffing includes the broad areas of job analysis, personnel planning and recruiting, employee testing and selection, and interviewing candidates. The focus in this discussion forum assignment will be on all areas of staffing except for employee selection and testing, which will be addressed in the second discussion forum assignment for this workshop.
All managers need to be familiar with the basics of job analysis:
*Job analysis is the procedure through which you determine the duties of the department’s positions and the characteristics of the people to hire for them.
*Job descriptions are a list of what the job entails, while job specifications identify what kind of people to hire for the job.
*The job analysis itself involves collecting information on matters such as work activities, required human behaviors, and machines, tools, and equipment used.
*Managers use job analysis information in recruitment and selection, compensation, training, and performance appraisal.
*The basic steps in job analysis include deciding the use of the job analysis information, reviewing relevant background information including organization charts, analyzing the job, verifying the information, and developing job descriptions and job specifications.
There are various methods for collecting job analysis information. These include interviews, questionnaires, observation, participant diary/logs, and quantitative techniques such as position analysis questionnaires.
Personnel Planning and Recruitment
A more detailed look at personnel planning and recruitment is provided in the Assignment Lecture section under Activity 2.4 Individual Paper: Personnel Planning and Recruitment. Here, the assignment focuses on the importance of understanding how to recruit a more diverse workforce.
Managers should be aware of the basic ways available to avoid interview errors and the steps in conducting an effective interview. You will specifically address those important areas in this assignment.
Refer to Chapter 3: Diversity and Multiculturism, Chapter 4: Recruitment, Chapter 5: The Interview, the articles listed in the resources, your personal knowledge and experience, and any additional relevant resources to facilitate scholarly, well-developed responses to the discussion questions.
Write out each discussion question below and answer them individually in a paragraph form 200-300 words each:
Job Analysis: What is job analysis? How can you make use of the information it provides?
Job Descriptions: Do you think companies can really do without detailed job descriptions? Why or why not?
Recruitment and Selection: What are the five main things you would do to recruit and retain a more diverse workforce? Why?
Interviewing Mistakes: Briefly discuss and give examples of at least five common interviewing mistakes. Note: this question is to be addressed from the interviewer perspective (i.e., HR manager as interviewer), not the interviewee.
Interviewer Improvement: Briefly discuss what an interviewer can do to improve his or her performance. Note: this question is to be addressed from the interviewer perspective (i.e., HR manager as interviewer), not the interviewee.
**The discussion paper is to be 200-300 words in length per answered question and supported by at least four sources properly cited and referenced: (a) the Human Resource Management textbook, and (b) an academic journal article obtained through OCLS.
- Write an analysis providing evidence and a rationale that a selected gap in practice is in fact the root of a business’s problem.
- Write a 1500-2000 word research proposal (approx. 5-8 pages) in which you will develop a research question based on the theoretical insights of one of the theorists we are learning about.
- Based on your interactions with the health care system, describe which model reflects the prevailing processes in your country.
- Work on a plan to advise an agency or organization or a community or a business on how to be more trauma-informed – and why it will be helpful. Think more deeply about how you can apply what we are covering in this introductory course into your own personal experience.
- Write an essay on “Putting Up with Hate is One Price of Free Speech” Make an argument either for or against “outrageous” speech being protected under the First Amendment. 1443358 4 hours ago Please write using simple words
- Write an essay reporting your efforts to find evidence of facilitative communicative acts in the recorded history of a group of people who worked on a project that eventually turned out to be highly successful. Describe and analyze 5 acts from the article by Raffi Khatchadourian, “We Know How You Feel,” that could be facilitative communicative acts that demonstrate why or how the team was successful.
- Prepare a planning sheet for Physical for toddlers, Teaching goal and Context area(whole child).
- Summarize seperately the following link into your own words.
- What is the claim related to globalization that you are choosing for your final paper?
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of research-based frameworks about learning