You will take on the role of a consultant for a government agency. Your consulting firm has been asked by the agency to conduct research, compile a report, and provide recommendations for improvement of their personnel management system. The first role of the consultant is to become familiar with the agency and its departments. You will develop the assignment in four parts, submitting each to your supervisor (your professor) who will review and grade your efforts.
My department is The Department of Justice
1. Analyze the organizational design of the Department of Justice human resource management (HRM) in relationship to the entire organization. Assess its strengths and weaknesses
(title this section “Organizational Design”).
2. Analyze at least three of the major components of the agency’s human resource system’s goals and practices regarding the recruitment and hiring of a qualified workforce (title this section “Personnel Recruitment and Hiring Practices”).
3. Evaluate the agency’s approach to training and programs provided for new and existing employees for the development of knowledge, skills, and overall competencies, highlighting the strengths and weaknesses (title this section “Employee Skills Training”).
4. Recommend at least two actions the agency could take to improve in the areas of recruiting and training a qualified workforce (title this section “Recruiting and Training Recommendations”).
5. Appropriately incorporate at least four quality sources. A quality source can be either popular, such as a news article, or scholarly, such as peer-reviewed works. In the case of public administration, government websites are appropriate quality resources. Note: Wikipedia, SparkNotes, and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources. Use the Strayer University Online Library to conduct research.
- Choose one of the following questions.
- Discuss the impacts of Physician-Assisted Suicide.
- How dose this reading to your experiences or the experiences of other individuals?
- List three types of goods that are classified as inventory.
- Discuss Diet related disease: high blood pressure.
- Discuss The differences of the Culture and Values between the United States and Spain.
- In “The Good Samaritan,” what steps did the Samaritan take to help the beaten man?
- Discuss African Americans in sports.
- Analyze the influence of cultural diversity when addressing global issues.
- Discuss Natural Language Processing for the Social Sciences.