Explain and examine what the moment-to-moment and daily realities and challenges that confront a leader. Explore the qualities, the implicit values that the leaders displayed in his or her daily practice. Consider the struggles in balancing the myriad of responsibilities and demands that confront a leader. Consider any strategy that you might employ if you were wearing the shoes of the leader.
In your 3 page brief and report back to the class include the following in your REPORT:
Description of the highlights of your experience
Identification of the effective strategies and challenges that are integral to the administrators particular role.
Exploration of how the leader supported the following:
o The mission, vision of the school
o Development of a positive culture
o Establishment of professional learning
o Establishment of a well-managed environment
o Use of effective communication practices
o Development of distributive leadership
o Promotion of involvement of all stakeholders
o Modeling of ethical behavior
o What leadership lessons will you take away from the experience?
- Write an article “Why there is a worldwide shortage of vanilla” by C.D. in The Economist.
- What were the most surprising things you learned from this article?
- Write a research essay explaining how one theme in the novel Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler provides insight into or comments on our contemporary world.
- Write a book review of the insecure city: space, power, and mobility in Beirut.
- What is most important to you about a bank – swag/freebies, customer service, lowest/competitive rates, or ease of online access/app usage?
- Briefly describe other elements of the work(s): the form, the style of language, verisimilitude, and other elements we’ve discussed in class.
- Write a research paper on drug use among first generation college student.
- Explain why Recreational Marijuana Should Be Legal?
- Write a research paper on whether the healthcare should be a fundamental human right.
- Discuss some of the factors that lead to the acceptance of false beliefs as well as some of the factors that lead us to recognize and reject false beliefs.