Case Study Topic: Tourism in Chicago As mentioned in class, Marketing/PR Departments at companies/organizations of all sizes are faced with publicity crisis on a regular basis. Many appear in case studies like those we covered in class. Cyber attacks, product recalls, product malfunctions, handling of difficult situations, etc. Explain how companies/organizations respond to adversity is critical to their success in overcoming the crisis as well as to their long term image to their public (customers, employees, stockholders, community, etc.). For this final case study, students are to focus on the publicity issue related to Tourism in Chicago. Some questions/comments you may want to consider are: How has crime impacted tourism (personal and business) in Chicago? Has the communication of the violence in Chicago been handled properly, in your opinion? As a college student, do you feel safe to live and enjoy the nightlife in Chicago, like going to restaurants and bars? Has DePaul done a good job addressing Chicago`s crime in its recruitment efforts? If you oversaw public relations for the city of Chicago, what would you do to better communicate that Chicago is a safe destination for visitors and businesses to vacation or hold their conventions in? Approach this case study in the same way as the case studies you have done in class. While there is no universal way to write a case study, make sure you cover the basics of a case study including: 1. Brief background/Analysis of the situation 2. Problem Statement/Key Issues 3. Competitive Situation/SWOT 4. Alternatives/Options 5. Recommendations A couple of paragraphs on each topic should suffice with the major emphasis placed on what you`d recommend they do it from a marketing perspective.
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Discuss and demonstrate professional demeanor in your writing and critical thought throughout your paper.
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Explain how well you support your assertions, did you provide examples, how well did you contextualize the content, and how well did you employ ‘terms of art’.
- Discuss the major points made in the essay and evaluate whether you agree or disagree with the author’s overall conclusion.
- Write a research paper on recognize the relationship of criminal justice system components and processes with society and government.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Discuss the difference between homologues and analogues structures (including divergent and convergent evolution).
- Is a degree from an online college or university as legitimate as a degree from a brick-and-mortar university?
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.