Explain how Johnson’s “Control Negro” and Bambara’s “The Lesson” depict the effects of systemic racism?
For each story, consider the following: Who is the protagonist, what is their conflict, and do they change? Try to say how their conflicts are about systemic racism.
Think about how the title of each story points to a theme or main point.
These are different stories from different periods (though both are by Black authors), so their effects are different. Can you say something about that?
Give examples to make your post clear.
- Write an article “Why there is a worldwide shortage of vanilla” by C.D. in The Economist.
- What were the most surprising things you learned from this article?
- Write a research essay explaining how one theme in the novel Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler provides insight into or comments on our contemporary world.
- Write a book review of the insecure city: space, power, and mobility in Beirut.
- What is most important to you about a bank – swag/freebies, customer service, lowest/competitive rates, or ease of online access/app usage?
- Briefly describe other elements of the work(s): the form, the style of language, verisimilitude, and other elements we’ve discussed in class.
- Write a research paper on drug use among first generation college student.
- Explain why Recreational Marijuana Should Be Legal?
- Write a research paper on whether the healthcare should be a fundamental human right.
- Discuss some of the factors that lead to the acceptance of false beliefs as well as some of the factors that lead us to recognize and reject false beliefs.