Choose an international terrorist group from the following list and use your textbook, the Internet, and Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library to research the origin, purpose, and effects on the United States or targeted countries:
Al Qaeda (AQ).
Haqqani Network (HQN).
Write an 810 page paper in which you do the following:
Provide a brief description of the group and summarize its origins.
Explain the group’s major motivations (beliefs or causes), and its justification for engaging in terrorism.
Describe the group’s major sources of both financial and nonfinancial support.
Evaluate the importance of the group’s use of media to aid in its terrorist activities. Indicate, at a minimum, the groups purpose for using the media, the image being portrayed, and the preferred methods of communication.
Determine whether the group has a legitimate complaint or demand. Defend your response.
Determine whether the group and its activities are of importance to the United States, and explain the key reasons that they are or are not significant.
Analyze the response of the United States to the group or its activities, regardless of whether the group or its activities directly threaten or target the United States. Determine whether that response has been effective. Support your answer with examples of such effectivenessor the lack thereof.
Suggest the major changes you would make geared toward increasing the efficiency of the United States’ response to the group. Justify your response.
Use the Strayer Library to find at least five academic resources. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites are not considered quality references.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment:
Evaluate the impact of international terrorist groups and their activities and the efficiency of the current U.S. response.
- Write an article “Why there is a worldwide shortage of vanilla” by C.D. in The Economist.
- What were the most surprising things you learned from this article?
- Write a research essay explaining how one theme in the novel Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler provides insight into or comments on our contemporary world.
- Write a book review of the insecure city: space, power, and mobility in Beirut.
- What is most important to you about a bank – swag/freebies, customer service, lowest/competitive rates, or ease of online access/app usage?
- Briefly describe other elements of the work(s): the form, the style of language, verisimilitude, and other elements we’ve discussed in class.
- Write a research paper on drug use among first generation college student.
- Explain why Recreational Marijuana Should Be Legal?
- Write a research paper on whether the healthcare should be a fundamental human right.
- Discuss some of the factors that lead to the acceptance of false beliefs as well as some of the factors that lead us to recognize and reject false beliefs.