reality in their life. For Siggy it was job loss, while Fran wanted to escape the trauma of child abuse. What if someone is finding acceptance with themselves, but struggling with a society and possibly loved ones who dont accept them for who they are? Sadly this is an unpleasant reality for many people who identify as LGBTQ+. This does not mean all people in this population abuse drugs, just that we need to be aware of this stigma and the ways that it impacts drug use. Please therefore look at this case to determine the potential risks for LGBTQ+ individuals.
1. To get a glimpse into meth addiction among a small population of gay men who go clubbing and are involved in “chemsex” please watch Meth The Documentary:
. Then read the following case study:
Hal Crisp is a 19-year-old young man who thinks he might be gay and likes to go clubbing. His parents disapprove of this, not only because they are embarrassed, but because they think that the ecstasy, meth, and other drugs at the clubs are dangerous. Hal says that he goes clubbing because thats the only place he feels accepted. He says he certainly does not feel accepted by his family.
3. Then refer to the following guide: “A Practitioners Resource Guide: Helping Families to Support Their LGBT Children” (produced by Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration – SAMHSA):
(Links to an external site.)
Using what you have learned in the film, above resource guide, in Chapter 12, and this week’s field trip, write a 350-word top level post that responds to the following questions in ESSAY format:
How would you approach Hal and this case as an addiction counselor?
Do you think Hal is at risk for addiction? Why or why not? What are the risk factors in his case? (Be sure to FOCUS ONLY on the information provided in the case study. Do not make assumptions!)
Would you involve the parents? Why or why not? If so, how?
CITE EVERY FACT and include a Works Cited section at the bottom in APA format!!
- The proposal: Exploting Sustainable Agriculture
- Discussion Post 4
- Analysis of the novel All The Light We Cannot See
- ANALYSE AND IDEATE A2: Individual Report (Jason 17/04/2023)
- Describe the implications of the proposed intervention to nursing education and practice.
- Written Response to Full-Class Reading/Viewing Assignment #2
- compare and contrast essay
- Medical Report Composition
- Find a post (or post a link to) a concept of Communication in Film (photo, short video, brief piece of writing, song, etc –that no one else in the class has posted to the blog yet) related to dealing with coronavirus. You may write about films, songs, etc dealing with isolation, exile, and illness. No two posts can be identical.
- Child Psychology