reality in their life. For Siggy it was job loss, while Fran wanted to escape the trauma of child abuse. What if someone is finding acceptance with themselves, but struggling with a society and possibly loved ones who dont accept them for who they are? Sadly this is an unpleasant reality for many people who identify as LGBTQ+. This does not mean all people in this population abuse drugs, just that we need to be aware of this stigma and the ways that it impacts drug use. Please therefore look at this case to determine the potential risks for LGBTQ+ individuals.
1. To get a glimpse into meth addiction among a small population of gay men who go clubbing and are involved in “chemsex” please watch Meth The Documentary:
. Then read the following case study:
Hal Crisp is a 19-year-old young man who thinks he might be gay and likes to go clubbing. His parents disapprove of this, not only because they are embarrassed, but because they think that the ecstasy, meth, and other drugs at the clubs are dangerous. Hal says that he goes clubbing because thats the only place he feels accepted. He says he certainly does not feel accepted by his family.
3. Then refer to the following guide: “A Practitioners Resource Guide: Helping Families to Support Their LGBT Children” (produced by Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration – SAMHSA):
(Links to an external site.)
Using what you have learned in the film, above resource guide, in Chapter 12, and this week’s field trip, write a 350-word top level post that responds to the following questions in ESSAY format:
How would you approach Hal and this case as an addiction counselor?
Do you think Hal is at risk for addiction? Why or why not? What are the risk factors in his case? (Be sure to FOCUS ONLY on the information provided in the case study. Do not make assumptions!)
Would you involve the parents? Why or why not? If so, how?
CITE EVERY FACT and include a Works Cited section at the bottom in APA format!!
- Describe 4 ways you can make deposits in other people’s emotional bank accounts.
- Explain Plato Knowledge and Reality and relate to the Socratic method.
- What matters is if the story has TIP CUP values.
- Write a paper explaining patients’ rights as it relates to choice of treatment, consent for treatment, and refusal of treatment.
- What is the legacy of colonialism according to the various authors that we have read (be sure to reference at least three)?
- Write an essay on why qualifying with your weapon is important in the army/military.
- Describe the internal and external criticism that is used to evaluate middle range theories”.
- Discuss the types of behaviors that are typically exhibited by a facilitator in team meetings.
- Describe a scene (specific place) you remember from your childhood.
- Explain how Peter Funt builds an argument to persuade his audience that the digital age is making it more difficult to preserve one’s memories.