reality in their life. For Siggy it was job loss, while Fran wanted to escape the trauma of child abuse. What if someone is finding acceptance with themselves, but struggling with a society and possibly loved ones who dont accept them for who they are? Sadly this is an unpleasant reality for many people who identify as LGBTQ+. This does not mean all people in this population abuse drugs, just that we need to be aware of this stigma and the ways that it impacts drug use. Please therefore look at this case to determine the potential risks for LGBTQ+ individuals.
1. To get a glimpse into meth addiction among a small population of gay men who go clubbing and are involved in “chemsex” please watch Meth The Documentary:
. Then read the following case study:
Hal Crisp is a 19-year-old young man who thinks he might be gay and likes to go clubbing. His parents disapprove of this, not only because they are embarrassed, but because they think that the ecstasy, meth, and other drugs at the clubs are dangerous. Hal says that he goes clubbing because thats the only place he feels accepted. He says he certainly does not feel accepted by his family.
3. Then refer to the following guide: “A Practitioners Resource Guide: Helping Families to Support Their LGBT Children” (produced by Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration – SAMHSA):
(Links to an external site.)
Using what you have learned in the film, above resource guide, in Chapter 12, and this week’s field trip, write a 350-word top level post that responds to the following questions in ESSAY format:
How would you approach Hal and this case as an addiction counselor?
Do you think Hal is at risk for addiction? Why or why not? What are the risk factors in his case? (Be sure to FOCUS ONLY on the information provided in the case study. Do not make assumptions!)
Would you involve the parents? Why or why not? If so, how?
CITE EVERY FACT and include a Works Cited section at the bottom in APA format!!
- Write an analysis providing evidence and a rationale that a selected gap in practice is in fact the root of a business’s problem.
- Write a 1500-2000 word research proposal (approx. 5-8 pages) in which you will develop a research question based on the theoretical insights of one of the theorists we are learning about.
- Based on your interactions with the health care system, describe which model reflects the prevailing processes in your country.
- Work on a plan to advise an agency or organization or a community or a business on how to be more trauma-informed – and why it will be helpful. Think more deeply about how you can apply what we are covering in this introductory course into your own personal experience.
- Write an essay on “Putting Up with Hate is One Price of Free Speech” Make an argument either for or against “outrageous” speech being protected under the First Amendment. 1443358 4 hours ago Please write using simple words
- Write an essay reporting your efforts to find evidence of facilitative communicative acts in the recorded history of a group of people who worked on a project that eventually turned out to be highly successful. Describe and analyze 5 acts from the article by Raffi Khatchadourian, “We Know How You Feel,” that could be facilitative communicative acts that demonstrate why or how the team was successful.
- Prepare a planning sheet for Physical for toddlers, Teaching goal and Context area(whole child).
- Summarize seperately the following link into your own words.
- What is the claim related to globalization that you are choosing for your final paper?
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of research-based frameworks about learning