This should be a close reading essay, and should use as evidence primarily passages from the story or stories that you discuss. You may not use ANY outside sources without the instructor’s approval.
The essay should be in MLA essay format (see the sample essay attached below) and use MLA citations. A works cited entry and in-text citations for each text discussed are required.
The essay should be focused on making a debatable claim about the text(s) in question; informational essays or essays consisting of summary are not appropriate. The claim should be supported with discussion of specific passages from the text(s) on which the essay is focused.
DISCLAIMER: Originality of attachments will be verified by Turnitin. Both you and your instructor will receive the results.
Choose 1 of the following topics, and write a thesis-driven essay in response to that topic:
1. Heroic Leaders?: The terms leader and hero are often used interchangeably. However, does a leader need to be a hero? Is a hero necessarily a leader? Using one of the texts from Weeks 1-3, analyze the leadership qualities discussed to consider whether we can find something heroic in those actions. Support your argument by discussing only events and lines from the reading.
2. Learning Culture from Literature: choose 1 text and analyze it for a picture of the culture in which the author was writing. What information about that culture that we can infer from the work, and what does the author seem to be saying about that information? Support your argument by discussing only passages from the text you chose.
3. Contemporary Leadership: Choose one of the theories on leadership presented in Weeks 1-3 and discuss its relationship to contemporary leadership in the civilian, political, or military sectors. Support your argument by discussing only passages from the text you chose.
** Week 1 – 3 readings attached for reference **
- Discuss about the initiatives and strategies carried out by urban management in Xiapu city to build social resilience to post-pandemic mental health issues by applying good governance principles.
- Discuss the underlying arguments behind Piotroski F-Score.
- Write a discussion paper on the risk of reopening school amid covid.
- . Research the work of Fiedler on contingency theory, and respond to the following questions: Communicate your understanding of contingency theory.
- Based on your instructor-approved topic in Module 1, draft a one-to-two sentences argumentative thesis statement. Write a full-sentence outline in outline format with at least three main arguments or support (see the arguments you included in your thesis statement).
- Write at least two solid paragraphs but more is recommended to get full credit.
- Consider how you will track the effectiveness of the budget, finance, and capital planning programs, including performance measures, revenue forecasting, estimation, and public awareness and interaction. To develop the plan, use any tool which can depict timelines and dependencies, including Google Sheet, Microsoft Project or PowerPoint, or Asana.
- What does it mean to experience a major shift in human nature?
- Explain and evaluate why authentic leadership is important to contingency theory.
- Consider how you will track the effectiveness of the budget, finance, and capital planning programs, including performance measures, revenue forecasting, estimation, and public awareness and interaction.