This should be a close reading essay, and should use as evidence primarily passages from the story or stories that you discuss. You may not use ANY outside sources without the instructor’s approval.
The essay should be in MLA essay format (see the sample essay attached below) and use MLA citations. A works cited entry and in-text citations for each text discussed are required.
The essay should be focused on making a debatable claim about the text(s) in question; informational essays or essays consisting of summary are not appropriate. The claim should be supported with discussion of specific passages from the text(s) on which the essay is focused.
DISCLAIMER: Originality of attachments will be verified by Turnitin. Both you and your instructor will receive the results.
Choose 1 of the following topics, and write a thesis-driven essay in response to that topic:
1. Heroic Leaders?: The terms leader and hero are often used interchangeably. However, does a leader need to be a hero? Is a hero necessarily a leader? Using one of the texts from Weeks 1-3, analyze the leadership qualities discussed to consider whether we can find something heroic in those actions. Support your argument by discussing only events and lines from the reading.
2. Learning Culture from Literature: choose 1 text and analyze it for a picture of the culture in which the author was writing. What information about that culture that we can infer from the work, and what does the author seem to be saying about that information? Support your argument by discussing only passages from the text you chose.
3. Contemporary Leadership: Choose one of the theories on leadership presented in Weeks 1-3 and discuss its relationship to contemporary leadership in the civilian, political, or military sectors. Support your argument by discussing only passages from the text you chose.
** Week 1 – 3 readings attached for reference **
- History: African American History to 1865 Chapter 4,5 and 6 Summary
- Silent Film Age
- After reflecting on the links ( articles and videos), write out the five focus questions one by one (listed below), and under each question write out your answers (write 2-4 typed pages total).
- What are the advantages of alternative assets with regards to Markowitz portfolio theory?
- How might agricultural activities contribute to the greenhouse effect and global warming?
- Pilot Program for PrEp
- Take a moment to reflect on this week’s readings (below) and share with us one particular detail that resonated with you. Please interrogate the texts, and your colleague’s posts, with respect and nuance.
- How covid affected people lives psychologically and mentally.
- Research Your State and Local Governments
- Toxicity of acetaminophen