Reading Assignment Grading Form (1)
Reading Assignment Grading Form (1)
Criteria Ratings Pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeCompleteness/Accuracy
Excellent – You have discussed every component of the question related to the reading.
Good – You have discussed most of the question components but your ideas need more detail.
Adequate – You have discussed this article adequately but need more detail from the reading.
Poor – Your essay lacks organization and/or does not address the questions posed.
Unacceptable – You failed to submit an essay.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeGrammar/Spelling
There are few to no grammar and/or spelling errors.
Your essay has several grammar and/or spelling errors.
Your grammar and/or spelling has several errors but not so many as to be distracting AND/OR failed to follow instructions.
Grammar and/or spelling contains multiple errors.
N/A- No submission.
Total Points: 100
HISTORY 1301 READING ASSIGNMENT SHEET
Instructions (read carefully–you lose points for not following instructions!)
Each of the Units has a reading assignment that is to be delivered to the instructor in forms permitted by the instructor. You are to read the assigned readings (available by link) and answer the questions posted on this Reading Assignment Sheet that go with the reading(s).
What word processor can I use?
I prefer that you use Microsoft Word but it’s not required. You are NOT to attach or link your essay. You will copy and paste it from your original word processing program as text into the space provided when you turn in your assignment.
Is there a format that I must use for my reading assignment response? You will lose 10 points for not following instructions!
Yes, and please follow these instructions carefully or you will lose points.
• Copy the entire assignment that you select, both title of the reading(s) and the questions that are assigned to the reading(s). (Or you will lose points!)
• Paste the assignment at the top of the page on which you are going to respond.
• Skip two lines and begin your essay.
Does the response have to be a certain length?
The response should be in essay form with paragraphs as directed. It will be graded based on how well you follow directions, evidence that you have taken time to fully understand the reading and have responded appropriately. Your essay MUST be a minimum of 300 words.
Your Reading Assignment Selections/Links:
FOUND AT THIS LINK(s): (ANSWER MY QUESTIONS BELOW IN PARAGRAPH FORM, AS DIRECTED). You MUST read and answer the questions for BOTH linked readings.
“Spanish Exploration & Conquest”
https://courses.lumenlearning.com/suny-ushistory1ay/chapter/spanish-exploration-and-conquest/ (Links to an external site.)
“Aztec Accounts of the Conquest”
https://courses.lumenlearning.com/suny-ushistory1ay/chapter/primary-source-reading-aztec-accounts-of-the-conquest/ (Links to an external site.)
In the first paragraph, explain which of these readings (linked above) is a “primary source” and which is a “secondary source.” A primary source is some sort of document from that historical time. If you keep a journal, that’s a primary document. The affidavit for the search warrant to search former President Trump’s Mar-a-lago home is a primary document. Most of your textbook (with the exception of the inserted primary documents) is a secondary source. (You may need to look up the meanings of “primary” and “secondary” to answer this question.) So tell me which reading is which and why you say that.
In your second paragraph, explain the following: What in the readings proves the historical statement that the Spanish came to the New World for “God, Gold, & Glory”? Describe in two or three sentences the grandeur of the Aztec civilization. What was the Aztec capital named? What parts of the New World did the Aztecs control? What internal division was causing problems in the Aztec Empire even before the Spanish arrived?
In Paragraph 3, after reading “Aztec Accounts of the Conquest” and by incorporating information from the reading “Spanish Exploration and Conquest,” explain the following: The Aztec King Motecuchzoma (Montezuma) obviously mistook Cortes for someone else. Who did he mistake him for? How did Cortes and his men take advantage of this mistaken identity? Who served as a translator between the Aztecs and Spanish?
In Paragraph 4, explain why the areas of Mexico and into South America proved most profitable for the Spanish. What was the class (or caste) system based on in the Spanish New World Empire? Who were considered the highest class, with the most privileges? Why did Spanish men marry Indian women? What were the people called who were a result of this union? What makes the religious image of Our Lady of Guadalupe a blend of Spanish and Indian cultures? What does this show was happening as a result of the Spanish conquest?
In your concluding paragraph: fast-forward to the 21st century (today). What do you see around you or in today’s world that can be traced back to the times that Spain conquered the New World (e.g., Mission San Jose)? Recall that the Spanish considered the Meztizos to be inferior to pure-blood Europeans and would not let them into upper class. In your opinion, is someone’s ethnicity still important to their status in life in America today? Defend your answer.
- Describe the various methods advertisers use to segment and aggregate markets.
- Discuss the prognosis for a child born who is afflicted with the developmental problem that you choose to talk about.
- Compare the importance of infrastuture on both country.
- Explain how Steinbeck uses the chrysanthemums as a symbol (perhaps both cultural and contextual?) that provides insight into Elisa.
- Explain if you plan to conduct a regression analysis or correlation or t-test, and the measurements you plan to use You will be utilizing descriptive analysis and using descriptive statistics within Data Analysis in Excel (mean, median, standard deviation analysis, minimum, maximum).
- What factors might promote or slow down brain development?
- Compare and contrast the various leadership styles and evaluate how such styles can impact employee performance.
- Write an example of Jewish or Early Christian Art, formally analyze the artistic developments based on the following: materials, composition, color, spatial qualities, etc.
- Explain how you would introduce this topic to catch the audience’s attention and keep them engaged in the presentation.
- Describe something you learned from the documentary and how that impacted you.