JetBlue and WestJet: A Tale of Two IS Projects (page 556 of your text)
See the document attached to this assignment, for a narrative of the case study.
After your review, please answer the following questions and formulate them into an APA formatted paper:
1. How important is the reservation system at airlines such as WestJet and JetBlue? How does it impact operational activities and decision-making?
2. Evaluate the key risk factors of the projects to upgrade the reservation systems of WestJet and JetBlue.
3. Classify and describe the problems each airline faced in implementing its new reservation system. What management, organization, and technology factors caused those problems?
4. Describe the steps you would have taken to control the risk in these projects.
5. Perform research to learn more about the Sabre system. What is it? How did come about?
6. JetBlue had the opportunity to learn from the problems encountered by WestJet during its migration. What options did WestJet have to learn from another company who faced a similar situation? What would you recommend to the leadership team?
7. Do you believe the WestJet problem is mostly IT-related, or do you think that poor leadership and planning caused the catastrophe? Explain.
8. Why do you think that WestJet has slowed down its growth plans, such as the RBC WestJet MasterCard? What does a credit card have to do with the IT issues? Explain.
(a) Write in APA format
(b) Each item will have a proper APA heading
(c) Response to each of the 1-8 items above must be at least 150 words
(d) The paper must have at least five (5) reputable sources with proper citations from these sources
(e) Please submit by the due date
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Discuss and demonstrate professional demeanor in your writing and critical thought throughout your paper.
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Explain how well you support your assertions, did you provide examples, how well did you contextualize the content, and how well did you employ ‘terms of art’.
- Discuss the major points made in the essay and evaluate whether you agree or disagree with the author’s overall conclusion.
- Write a research paper on recognize the relationship of criminal justice system components and processes with society and government.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Discuss the difference between homologues and analogues structures (including divergent and convergent evolution).
- Is a degree from an online college or university as legitimate as a degree from a brick-and-mortar university?
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.