JetBlue and WestJet: A Tale of Two IS Projects (page 556 of your text)
See the document attached to this assignment, for a narrative of the case study.
After your review, please answer the following questions and formulate them into an APA formatted paper:
1. How important is the reservation system at airlines such as WestJet and JetBlue? How does it impact operational activities and decision-making?
2. Evaluate the key risk factors of the projects to upgrade the reservation systems of WestJet and JetBlue.
3. Classify and describe the problems each airline faced in implementing its new reservation system. What management, organization, and technology factors caused those problems?
4. Describe the steps you would have taken to control the risk in these projects.
5. Perform research to learn more about the Sabre system. What is it? How did come about?
6. JetBlue had the opportunity to learn from the problems encountered by WestJet during its migration. What options did WestJet have to learn from another company who faced a similar situation? What would you recommend to the leadership team?
7. Do you believe the WestJet problem is mostly IT-related, or do you think that poor leadership and planning caused the catastrophe? Explain.
8. Why do you think that WestJet has slowed down its growth plans, such as the RBC WestJet MasterCard? What does a credit card have to do with the IT issues? Explain.
(a) Write in APA format
(b) Each item will have a proper APA heading
(c) Response to each of the 1-8 items above must be at least 150 words
(d) The paper must have at least five (5) reputable sources with proper citations from these sources
(e) Please submit by the due date
- Write an analysis providing evidence and a rationale that a selected gap in practice is in fact the root of a business’s problem.
- Write a 1500-2000 word research proposal (approx. 5-8 pages) in which you will develop a research question based on the theoretical insights of one of the theorists we are learning about.
- Based on your interactions with the health care system, describe which model reflects the prevailing processes in your country.
- Work on a plan to advise an agency or organization or a community or a business on how to be more trauma-informed – and why it will be helpful. Think more deeply about how you can apply what we are covering in this introductory course into your own personal experience.
- Write an essay on “Putting Up with Hate is One Price of Free Speech” Make an argument either for or against “outrageous” speech being protected under the First Amendment. 1443358 4 hours ago Please write using simple words
- Write an essay reporting your efforts to find evidence of facilitative communicative acts in the recorded history of a group of people who worked on a project that eventually turned out to be highly successful. Describe and analyze 5 acts from the article by Raffi Khatchadourian, “We Know How You Feel,” that could be facilitative communicative acts that demonstrate why or how the team was successful.
- Prepare a planning sheet for Physical for toddlers, Teaching goal and Context area(whole child).
- Summarize seperately the following link into your own words.
- What is the claim related to globalization that you are choosing for your final paper?
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of research-based frameworks about learning