These are the assignment instructions, I have attached the powerpoints needed and added some pdfs to help but do not have to be used in citations. You could choose your own articles.
PART 1 (WORTH 12 POINTS):
I’d like you to consider all the content you have read for Weeks 1 – 5 (Rape Culture through University Environment). Before you read the directions for this discussion, remember that MOST schools do not have an academic course on campus sexual violence like this one:
For this discussion, I’d like for you to describe what you believe are THREE critical topics that all schools should focus on when they are teaching students about campus sexual violence. You will choose something specific from the 1. Rape culture, power, and privilege section 2. Consent section and 3. University Environment section. I’d like for you to describe in detail what exactly students should be taught and why you believe that is important. While I do genuinely want to know your opinion, I would still like for you to weave in content from readings/articles/videos, etc.
1. Marginalized groups of individuals who may be the target of rape myths or are more likely to experience sexual violence on campus (for example: LGBTQ+ students are more likely to be sexual assault survivors compared to heterosexual and cisgender college students. Describe why you believe that is crucial for college students to understand. What difference do you think it would make if more students knew that?)
2. How oppressive systems that uphold patriarchy, white supremacy, hegemonic masculinity, and capitalism contribute to racism, sexism, and homophobia which all impact sexual violence (for example: you might describe the ways in which you believe our capitalist society impacts campus sexual violence. Describe why you believe that is crucial for college students to understand. What difference do you think it would make if more students knew that?)
PART 2 (WORTH 3 POINTS):
In addition, you will also include one recent video and one recent news article about each topic (recent is last 3-4 years):
Video 1 and article 1 must have the word rape culture in the title
Video 2 and article 2 must have the word consent in the title
Video 3 and article 3 should be related to something specific in the university environment (For example: fraternities, sororities, student athletics, Title IX on campus, etc)
ALL VIDEOS AND ARTICLES OBVIOUSLY MUST RELATE TO SEXUAL VIOLENCE!
To summarize your grading rubric:
– You will describe THREE critical topics that all schools should focus on when they are teaching students about campus sexual violence when it comes to 1. rape culture, power, and privilege 2. consent and 3. the university environment (GRADING WILL BE WORTH 7 POINTS AND BASED ON YOUR LEVEL OF DETAIL, YOUR COMPREHENSION OF THE MATERIAL, AND WHETHER IT SEEMS YOU DID ANY OF THE READINGS)
-Each of the 3 responses will be minimum 100 words (so for all 3 responses, you are writing 300 words total) (GRADING WILL BE WORTH 3 POINTS AND BASED ON IF YOU MET THE LENGTH REQUIREMENT)
-Each of the 3 responses should have a citation within the text and at the end of your paragraph. So, you will use a minimum of 3 citations, but feel free to use more (I do not care what citation style you want to use: APA, MLA, all are fine with me) (GRADING WILL BE WORTH 2 POINTS AND BASED ON IF YOU INCLUDED CITATIONS WITHIN THE TEXT AND AT THE END OF EACH SECTION)
-For each of the 3 topics, you are submitting a recent video and recent news article (3 videos, 3 news articles) (GRADING WILL BE WORTH 3 POINTS, 1 POINT FOR EACH VIDEO AND NEWS ARTICLE PAIR)
-You can use my powerpoint as 1 of your 3 citations. Please do not cite my powerpoint(s) more than once though
-Feel free to search online for more content and use outside sources for this assignment (meaning you are not only restricted to the course readings I have assigned in this class)
- Write an analysis providing evidence and a rationale that a selected gap in practice is in fact the root of a business’s problem.
- Write a 1500-2000 word research proposal (approx. 5-8 pages) in which you will develop a research question based on the theoretical insights of one of the theorists we are learning about.
- Based on your interactions with the health care system, describe which model reflects the prevailing processes in your country.
- Work on a plan to advise an agency or organization or a community or a business on how to be more trauma-informed – and why it will be helpful. Think more deeply about how you can apply what we are covering in this introductory course into your own personal experience.
- Write an essay on “Putting Up with Hate is One Price of Free Speech” Make an argument either for or against “outrageous” speech being protected under the First Amendment. 1443358 4 hours ago Please write using simple words
- Write an essay reporting your efforts to find evidence of facilitative communicative acts in the recorded history of a group of people who worked on a project that eventually turned out to be highly successful. Describe and analyze 5 acts from the article by Raffi Khatchadourian, “We Know How You Feel,” that could be facilitative communicative acts that demonstrate why or how the team was successful.
- Prepare a planning sheet for Physical for toddlers, Teaching goal and Context area(whole child).
- Summarize seperately the following link into your own words.
- What is the claim related to globalization that you are choosing for your final paper?
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of research-based frameworks about learning