If assignment is Question & Answer based then.
Introduction is needed for each question.
Question has to be answered based on the mark allotted for each question with references if any idea or information is taken from other source.
b) If assignment is case based then,
Table of content
Body of assignment (questions related to case need to be answered)
Conclusion / Recommendation if any
References (in-text + citation) to be used.
Future Tense is a medium-sized electronic company located in a metropolis. It markets popular
brands of home appliances like air conditioners, refrigerators, washing machines and
microwave ovens, and undertakes post sales maintenance. The policy of the company is to
attend to the faults within 24 hours if the customer is within the city limits and within 36 hours
if the customer is located outside the city limits. Obviously, the maintenance department is
completely stretched and always works against stiff targets. Mr. Anil Kumar is working as one
of the executives in the post-sale maintenance department. He has twelve mechanics in his
team. It is his responsibility to depute mechanics to attend to the complaints of the customers
after they report for duty in the morning. The other day, Rahul, one of his most trusted and
efficient employees, was assigned the duty to attend the complaint of one of the long-standing
customers, Mr. Suresh, whose air conditioner had developed a fault. At the end of the day, as
part of his duty, Anil Kumar made a surprise visit to some of the select complainants, including
Suresh, to know how satisfied they were with the performance of the mechanics. To his shock
and surprise, he found that Rahul had not visited Suresh. When contacted on phone, Rahul
informed Anil that the sudden illness and the subsequent hospitalization of his daughter was
the reason for his inability to call on the customer. He also pleaded with Anil Kumar to help
him out in this matter. However, the company has uncompromising rules that view dereliction
of duty by employees for any reason as a major offence warranting immediate suspension.
Adhering to the rules, Anil Kumar reported the matter to the higher authorities, who promptly
suspended Rahul pending a full-fledged enquiry. The news of Rahuls suspension created
widespread resentment among other employees, who sympathized with Rahul. But Anil Kumar
justified his action by saying that any compromise on that rule would have undermined not
only the ability of his team to meet the stiff targets set by the company but also the rule itself.
He also felt that this kind of behavior would set a bad precedent, eventually bringing disrepute
to the company.
Questions for discussion
1. How do you view the whole incident that resulted in the suspension of Rahul?
(10 marks, 250 words)
2. If you were Anil Kumar, how would you deal with Rahuls lapse? (10 marks, 250 words)
3. Do you see any lacuna in the ethical component of the rule that imposes suspension for
dereliction of duty, irrespective of the cause? (10 marks, 250 words)
4. What are the policy measures required for the company to deal with such situations in the
future? (10 marks, 250 words)
Part 2- Question and Answers:
1. Resistance to change is normal and should be expected when organizational change is
introduced. Give reasons why an employee might resist change, and strategies outlining
how resistance might be addressed. (10 marks, 250 words)
2. Given the recent changes in the nature of work, especially during the period of
pandemic and economic turbulence, discuss the relative effectiveness of job analysis
techniques and suggest how can they be improved? (10 marks, 250 words)
3. What are the various ways in which employee performance is evaluated in the
organizations? How can the process of giving performance feedback be made more
objective? Give illustrations to justify your answer. (10 marks, 250 words)
4. Labor unions are much more powerful and larger during the Industrial Revolution than
they are today. Discuss why this is so and what types of issues unions need to address
to be more effective in the current knowledge age? (10 marks, 250 words)
5. How would you explain the fact that structured interviews, regardless of content, are
generally more valid than unstructured interviews for predicting job performance? For
what sorts of jobs do you think unstructured interviews might be most appropriate?
Why? (10 marks, 250 words
- History: African American History to 1865 Chapter 4,5 and 6 Summary
- Silent Film Age
- After reflecting on the links ( articles and videos), write out the five focus questions one by one (listed below), and under each question write out your answers (write 2-4 typed pages total).
- What are the advantages of alternative assets with regards to Markowitz portfolio theory?
- How might agricultural activities contribute to the greenhouse effect and global warming?
- Pilot Program for PrEp
- Take a moment to reflect on this week’s readings (below) and share with us one particular detail that resonated with you. Please interrogate the texts, and your colleague’s posts, with respect and nuance.
- How covid affected people lives psychologically and mentally.
- Research Your State and Local Governments
- Toxicity of acetaminophen