Identify a problem faced by a multi-national brand today and propose a research proposal that implements each step of the marketing research process. In your proposal, be sure to identify the research question(s) and sources of both primary and secondary data. Discuss how the research results will help the business or organization.
Write your proposal as a 1-2 page, single-spaced, business memo addressed to the brand manager. For help, review the Business Memo Research Guide (Purdue).Business Memo Research Guide (Purdue). (Links to an external site.)
Identification and Analysis of the Main Issues/Problem This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome. Identifies and understands all of the main issues in question. An insightful and thorough analysis of all the issues.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAnswers to Questions This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome. Answers to questions are clear throughout. Connection with class and study material goes well beyond the obvious connections among ideas; demonstrates insight and original thinking. Content knowledge is used correctly.
Strategy Choice and Justification This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome. Comments on Effective Solutions/Strategies Scenario and underlying assumptions are well documented, logically reasoned and appropriately applied. An appropriate, reasonable strategy is selected and successfully developed.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeStyle and Mechanics This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome. Answers are presented in a memo format. Chooses words for their precise meaning and uses an appropriate level of specificity. Content fits the audience and purpose. Sentences are clearly structured and contain proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Write an article “Why there is a worldwide shortage of vanilla” by C.D. in The Economist.
- What were the most surprising things you learned from this article?
- Write a research essay explaining how one theme in the novel Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler provides insight into or comments on our contemporary world.
- Write a book review of the insecure city: space, power, and mobility in Beirut.
- What is most important to you about a bank – swag/freebies, customer service, lowest/competitive rates, or ease of online access/app usage?
- Briefly describe other elements of the work(s): the form, the style of language, verisimilitude, and other elements we’ve discussed in class.
- Write a research paper on drug use among first generation college student.
- Explain why Recreational Marijuana Should Be Legal?
- Write a research paper on whether the healthcare should be a fundamental human right.
- Discuss some of the factors that lead to the acceptance of false beliefs as well as some of the factors that lead us to recognize and reject false beliefs.