Outcomes addressed in this activity:
Identify frameworks for IT and Security.
Analyze frameworks for use within an organization.
IT592-4: Evaluate the components of technical plans or frameworks for strategic alignment with an organizations mission.
The purpose of this assignment is to analyze various business frameworks for IT and Security. These frameworks are used for strategic alignment with organizational goals of delivering high quality products and services.
In this scenario, you are an IT manager of a mid-size adaptive manufacturing company. The yearly revenue for the company is $15M, and there are 100 employees many of which are research and development personnel. You have been asked by upper management to put the plan together for a single integrated framework since there are continuous changes in technology, not to mention the pressure from suppliers and your customers. In this assignment, you will conduct research on different business frameworks for managing IT. Pick two frameworks and write a compare and contrast paper to present to management, so they can make an informed decision. Frameworks that you can pick from are COBIT5, ITIL, VAL IT, Risk Frameworks, TOGAF, PRINCE2, NIST Cybersecurity Framework or any other framework you find that is applicable.
Write an APA style compare and contrast paper to present to upper management so that an informed decision can be made on a business framework for IT and Security. You must choose two frameworks and identify three similarities and three differences. In addition, you will explain why you would pick one of the two frameworks by writing a compelling argument for one over the other. Be sure to use at least three examples in your argument. The paper should be at least five pages long not including the title page and references pages.
For more information on APA style formatting, go to APA Style Central under Academic Resources of this course or visit the Writing Center.
Also review the university policy on plagiarism. If you have any questions, please contact your professor.
Directions for Submitting Your Assignment
Name your Assignment document according to this convention: IT592_Unit6_FirstNameInitialLastName. Submit your completed Assignment to the Unit 6 Dropbox by the deadline.
Review the rubric before beginning this activity.
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Discuss and demonstrate professional demeanor in your writing and critical thought throughout your paper.
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Explain how well you support your assertions, did you provide examples, how well did you contextualize the content, and how well did you employ ‘terms of art’.
- Discuss the major points made in the essay and evaluate whether you agree or disagree with the author’s overall conclusion.
- Write a research paper on recognize the relationship of criminal justice system components and processes with society and government.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Discuss the difference between homologues and analogues structures (including divergent and convergent evolution).
- Is a degree from an online college or university as legitimate as a degree from a brick-and-mortar university?
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.