Discussion One: Review the material presented in the course about how to conduct a job analysis, the various methods for collecting data, and the pros and cons of the various methods. Then, develop a plan to gather data for a job analysis. You will need to a) select the position (a job) to analyze; b) use at least two methods for collecting data; c) collect the data using the methods selected and d) summarize your findings in a short job description and job specification. If you do not have a position in a typical office, retail establishment or production facility you can use, seek out a position from elsewhere. The opportunities could include a server at a restaurant, a service provider in your home, your hair stylist, a sales assistant, the receptionist at your doctor’s office or perhaps your child’s teacher. Include the following:
1. The position you selected to analyze
2. The methods you selected for gathering data
3. The rationale for why you selected the methods you did
4. A discussion of your experience in collecting this data
5. A short sample position description and job specification you were able to design based on the data you gathered.
You may use a word document if you like or provide your proposal in the content of your response window.
Be sure to provide the references for the sources of the information you used to inform your analysis including the material provided in the classroom.
Discussion Two: Complete the following:
a) Summarize and explain the major EEOC laws related to the recruiting process. How can recruiters and hiring managers reduce the risk of adverse impact?
b) Discuss three methods of recruiting to obtain a diverse group of applicants and explain why they are effective.
c) Explain the concept of employment at will. What are the risks and benefits of employment at will doctrine? How is the employment at will doctrine influenced by EEOC laws?
d) Application: Read the Module 2 Case and in-depth scenario 1. Draft a short memo to the founders of HSS to address the issues with the hiring practices. Specifically, address what laws or regulations may apply, organizational risks and discuss suggestions for how the hiring practices at HSS should be modified. You may use a word document if you like or provide your proposal in the content of your response window.
Be sure to provide the references for the sources of the information you used including the material provided in the classroom.
Make sure to also respond to two students with thoughtful comments.
- Develop a plan for recruitment, selection, and retention of employees.
- Explain the different aspects or types of this concept and/or how the term is related to other concepts.
- Response Plan for WMD Attack in Your Local Community.
- Describe Cultural Awareness/sensitivity in healthcare.
- Identify an area of technology that needs to be improved in your hospital, complete a gap analysis and present your findings with goals for improvement.
- Reflect on the relationship between the health policies and the top three health priorities outlined in the CHAP.
- Take a virtual tour any black history/Civil Rights/black art museum of your choosing.
- Describe Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology.
- What variation in the number and kind of aggression (e.g. physical, relational, manipulative, etc.) did you observe?
- Write a research paper outlining the five main purposes of case management.