This is a 2-3 page, typed, double-spaced paper.
Select one (1) Supreme Court case from the list of cases in “Scenarios from Selected Supreme Court Cases” (see the attached document). You will analyze this one (1) Supreme Court case from the perspective of five of the major concepts we have learned in the first half of the course. These major concepts are:
Living under a government that protects person and property, no exceptions
Living under a government that does not harm person and property
Instead of an introduction, simply state the name of the case that you will analyze. Then write five paragraphs, each one devoted to one of the concepts listed above, and in the order listed above.
Each paragraph must consist of the following five parts, and in this order:
State which side of the case will promote the concept you are discussing; if the concept does not apply to your case, then state that it does not apply.
Explain why this side promotes this concept, or why this concept does not apply to the case (using details from the case).
Provide a primary source quotation from the textbook that defines the concept you are discussing (this should not be a quotation describing your case).
Explain what the quotation says, using your own words.
Re-state which side will promote this concept (or re-state that it does not apply) and the reason why, but this time when you re-state the reason why, use part of the quotation you just used instead of using your own words. (See the sample paragraph that follows for an example of how to do this part.)
Follow this pattern for all five major paragraphs, and you are done.
Note on citation: at the end of your quotation, cite the quotation by using the activity number and letter of the quotation as it appears in the textbook and place these in quotation marks followed by a period.
- Explain why Elkay may have needed a new cost system and why management selected this system quickly?
- Discuss how person or situation factors in the case contributed to the problem.
- Explain what factors and past experiences are motivating you to pursue public service.
- What would be some of the criteria you would use to measure the success of a shift to DevOps practices within a company?
- Define freedom, and within your definition, consider how ignorance, knowledge, and the tools for acquiring knowledge can either lead to freedom or inhibit freedom.
- In what ways do both Calista and Miss Mallard gain freedom, and what does this indicate about their lives?
- What are specific historical incidents that foreshadow current-day problems?
- Compare and contrast the philosophies of Miami Dade College Benjamin Leon School of Nursing and at least one hospital.
- Write an email communicating the company-wide policy (for an imaginary company led by you) on email formatting, content, and etiquette.
- What role does Thaddeus Stevens have in the passage of the amendment.