To prepare for this unit’s discussions, please read or review the following:
The Story of Psychology, Chapter 18, “Users and Misusers of Psychology,” pages 703749.
The Story of Psychology, Chapter 19, “Psychology Today,” pages 750776.
The APA’s “Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct.”
Misuse of Psychology and Code of Conduct
Chapter 18 discussed ways in which psychology has benefited society, as well as ways in which scientific knowledge has been misused. We also encountered ethical issues in Chapter 13’s discussion of social psychology and experiments conducted with positive intentions, but perhaps had negative consequences.
For this discussion assignment, choose two situations or experiments discussed in Chapters 13 and 18, then apply the General Principles (pages 34) of the APA’s Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct to those situations. Defend or refute the notion that the psychology in the studies or experiments you chose complies with the stated positions in the code of ethics.
- Evolution of Fire Academies Post ‘America Burning Essay
- The Crucial Role of Communication in Sports Teamwork Research
- Comparative Analysis of NFL Protests and Civil Rights Activism Research
- Navigating the Requirements and Trends in Intelligence and Security Employment Analysis
- The Bloods Gang: History, Symbols, and Impact on American Society Essay
- Balancing Social Influence and Evidence-Based Policies Essay
- Unveiling the Truth Behind Imaginative Stereotypes Research
- Analyzing the Disillusionment with the American Dream in Arthur Miller’s ‘Death of a Salesman Essay
- Exploring Themes of Resilience and Education in ‘The Children’s Blizzard’ by Melanie Benjamin Essay
- Diplomacy, Laissez-Faire Capitalism, and the ‘Empire of Liberty’ Research