To prepare for this unit’s discussions, please read or review the following:
The Story of Psychology, Chapter 18, “Users and Misusers of Psychology,” pages 703749.
The Story of Psychology, Chapter 19, “Psychology Today,” pages 750776.
The APA’s “Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct.”
Misuse of Psychology and Code of Conduct
Chapter 18 discussed ways in which psychology has benefited society, as well as ways in which scientific knowledge has been misused. We also encountered ethical issues in Chapter 13’s discussion of social psychology and experiments conducted with positive intentions, but perhaps had negative consequences.
For this discussion assignment, choose two situations or experiments discussed in Chapters 13 and 18, then apply the General Principles (pages 34) of the APA’s Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct to those situations. Defend or refute the notion that the psychology in the studies or experiments you chose complies with the stated positions in the code of ethics.
- Write a paper on “Why did the Axis Powers lose World War II.”
- Write a critical analysis of the book Until I am Free: Fannie Lou Hamer’s Enduring Message to America by Keisha N. Blain.
- What are the concepts and practices the authors’ view as essential for a just society?
- Business Systems & Leadership
- Mainstreaming the migrant learner
- Gluten Free
- Why was Charles II the only successful Stuart monarch?
- Globalization and human rights discourse
- The New Playbook In Sports Marketing