For this assignment, you will recommend two interventions for your family based on the goals you set earlier in the course.
Note: Throughout the course, you will be reflecting on your own family of origin to help you explore your own self-of-the-therapist. In this assignment, you will not be required to reveal anything about your life, your family, your relationships, or any events that you are not comfortable sharing. If there are any requirements that ask you to submit anything you are not comfortable sharing, please feel free to fictionalize any elements and note that you have done so. For example, if there is an event that you would like to “make-up,” feel free to note this by simply writing (Fiction) in your paper or post (that is, “(Fiction) My mother was extremely sad during this period and became suicidal.”). If you have any questions about this, please reach out to your instructor for direction.
Review the two goals you created for your family throughout the course. Based on each goal, and using an MFT theory explored in Weeks 5–9, pretend you are the therapist for your family and identify two key interventions you would apply to help the family accomplish the developed goals. Address the following in a 5–8 page paper:
Intervention Description (2–3 pages)
Analyze two systemic interventions based on one family therapy model.
Address the role of the therapist in executing the intervention, using a family therapy model from this course.
Discuss the influence of each intervention on the family system and change process, consistent with the theoretical model.
Provide rationale for the application of each intervention.
Include research that supports your rationale: existing data and articles that support the use of this model and interventions with the presenting problems.
Intervention Application (1–2 pages)
Create a sample transcript consistent with the model chosen for this intervention.
Include dialogue for the therapist and family members, prefacing who is speaking, that reflect therapist questions consistent with language and aim of the model and intervention.
Note: Your transcript will begin in a session in progress, so imagine this is about 15 minutes into your session and you have already done your check-in with the clients. Make sure to note nonverbal interactions that are likely to take place during the intervention application (you notice a family member look away, smile, and so on).
Discussion of Impact and Change (2–3 pages)
Describe the impact and outcome of each intervention on the family system.
How does the application of the intervention create change?
What did clients say or do that indicated the intervention was effective?
How will the family be different as a result of the intervention? Provide specific examples, such as “Because boundaries were strengthened between mom and son, son will be more likely to branch out and engage in age-appropriate peer relationships.”
Assess how telehealth would impact therapy with the family.
Your assignment should also meet the following requirements:
Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
APA formatting: Use the Evidence and APA section of the Writing Center for information on how to format resources and citations in current APA style.
Document format: Submit your paper in Microsoft Word .doc or .docx format.
Length of paper: 5–8 typed, double-spaced pages.
Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Discuss and demonstrate professional demeanor in your writing and critical thought throughout your paper.
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Explain how well you support your assertions, did you provide examples, how well did you contextualize the content, and how well did you employ ‘terms of art’.
- Discuss the major points made in the essay and evaluate whether you agree or disagree with the author’s overall conclusion.
- Write a research paper on recognize the relationship of criminal justice system components and processes with society and government.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Discuss the difference between homologues and analogues structures (including divergent and convergent evolution).
- Is a degree from an online college or university as legitimate as a degree from a brick-and-mortar university?
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.