Topic and Structure:
Personal Letter Construct a letter focused on persuading the reader to change his or her stance or opinion.
Think about a personal opinion you hold in which someone close to you (friend, family member, etc.) disagrees. Appeal to your reader in an emotional manner using appropriate language and strategies such as motivation, inspiration, etc., to write a personal, passionate letter in an effort to get your reader to agree with your perspective. Kindly play off the readers emotions to draw him or her into your argument. Make sure your appeals are legitimate and straightforward so that you avoid using logical fallacies in your efforts.
Use letter format, provided at the end of these instructions, and begin with an introduction that explains your topic. Make a fluid transition into the thesis where you issue your opinion as well as three reasons that support your claim. Present and argue each of the three reasons in three separate body paragraphs. Finish with a conclusion that summarizes your appeals and makes one final effort to sway your reader.
Sample Thesis Statement: Therefore, Carol, my dear friend, please reconsider homeschooling your children because this approach can stunt a childs social development; it tends to be subpar to nationally recognized curriculum, ultimately becoming a hindrance to college acceptance; and lastly, the chosen teacher, whether that ends up being you or another qualified instructor, will not have the resources that public school teachers have available to continuously enhance and advance instruction.
Header: Include a header in the upper left-hand corner of your writing assignment with the following information:
Your first and last name
Course Title (Composition I)
Assignment name (Persuasive Letter)
MLA style documentation (please see the tutorial in the course topic)
Last name and page number in upper-right corner of each page as a header
Title, centered after heading (Title should be more creative than “Persuasive Letter.”)
Standard font (Times New Roman or Calibri)
1″ margins on all sides
Save the file as .docx or .doc format
Length: This assignment should be at least 750 words.
Underline your thesis statement in the introductory paragraph.
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Discuss and demonstrate professional demeanor in your writing and critical thought throughout your paper.
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Explain how well you support your assertions, did you provide examples, how well did you contextualize the content, and how well did you employ ‘terms of art’.
- Discuss the major points made in the essay and evaluate whether you agree or disagree with the author’s overall conclusion.
- Write a research paper on recognize the relationship of criminal justice system components and processes with society and government.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Discuss the difference between homologues and analogues structures (including divergent and convergent evolution).
- Is a degree from an online college or university as legitimate as a degree from a brick-and-mortar university?
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.