Topic and Structure:
Personal Letter Construct a letter focused on persuading the reader to change his or her stance or opinion.
Think about a personal opinion you hold in which someone close to you (friend, family member, etc.) disagrees. Appeal to your reader in an emotional manner using appropriate language and strategies such as motivation, inspiration, etc., to write a personal, passionate letter in an effort to get your reader to agree with your perspective. Kindly play off the readers emotions to draw him or her into your argument. Make sure your appeals are legitimate and straightforward so that you avoid using logical fallacies in your efforts.
Use letter format, provided at the end of these instructions, and begin with an introduction that explains your topic. Make a fluid transition into the thesis where you issue your opinion as well as three reasons that support your claim. Present and argue each of the three reasons in three separate body paragraphs. Finish with a conclusion that summarizes your appeals and makes one final effort to sway your reader.
Sample Thesis Statement: Therefore, Carol, my dear friend, please reconsider homeschooling your children because this approach can stunt a childs social development; it tends to be subpar to nationally recognized curriculum, ultimately becoming a hindrance to college acceptance; and lastly, the chosen teacher, whether that ends up being you or another qualified instructor, will not have the resources that public school teachers have available to continuously enhance and advance instruction.
Header: Include a header in the upper left-hand corner of your writing assignment with the following information:
Your first and last name
Course Title (Composition I)
Assignment name (Persuasive Letter)
MLA style documentation (please see the tutorial in the course topic)
Last name and page number in upper-right corner of each page as a header
Title, centered after heading (Title should be more creative than “Persuasive Letter.”)
Standard font (Times New Roman or Calibri)
1″ margins on all sides
Save the file as .docx or .doc format
Length: This assignment should be at least 750 words.
Underline your thesis statement in the introductory paragraph.
- Write a 1500-2000 word research proposal (approx. 5-8 pages) in which you will develop a research question based on the theoretical insights of one of the theorists we are learning about.
- Based on your interactions with the health care system, describe which model reflects the prevailing processes in your country.
- Work on a plan to advise an agency or organization or a community or a business on how to be more trauma-informed – and why it will be helpful. Think more deeply about how you can apply what we are covering in this introductory course into your own personal experience.
- Write an essay on “Putting Up with Hate is One Price of Free Speech” Make an argument either for or against “outrageous” speech being protected under the First Amendment. 1443358 4 hours ago Please write using simple words
- Write an essay reporting your efforts to find evidence of facilitative communicative acts in the recorded history of a group of people who worked on a project that eventually turned out to be highly successful. Describe and analyze 5 acts from the article by Raffi Khatchadourian, “We Know How You Feel,” that could be facilitative communicative acts that demonstrate why or how the team was successful.
- Prepare a planning sheet for Physical for toddlers, Teaching goal and Context area(whole child).
- Summarize seperately the following link into your own words.
- What is the claim related to globalization that you are choosing for your final paper?
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of research-based frameworks about learning
- Write a term paper discussing about cognitive maps as learning strategy.