GLOBALIZATION is characterized by networks of international linkages that bind countries, institutions, and people, in an interdependent economy (Deresky, 2017). INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT is the process of developing strategies, designing and operating systems, and working with people around the world to ensure sustained competitive advantage (Deresky, 2017).
The global Political, Economic, Sociocultural, Legal, and Technological, environment impacts leadership and management’s perspectives and decision-making. Risks must be carefully evaluated prior to decision-making for entry into markets or creation/revision of organizational strategies.
Instructions: Please post your initial post (by 9/18), which should include no less than 120 words that are well informed, well written, and in-text cited (APA 7) as necessary. Your substantive response to 2 classmates (due by 9/20) should be no less than 60 words. Please include statistics and cite your scholarly source(s) within the paragraph(s). Include an APA 7 Reference section at the end of document. The textbook and lecture notes provide foundation and are obviously a creditable source. However, consider the textbook as foundation and do not limit your responses to only the textbook. Consider (but do not be limited to) the following sources — the Financial Times, The Economist, Wall Street Journal, East Asia Economic Forum, Global Times, Bloomberg News, Goldman Sachs podcasts, BBC News, Indian Economy, Harvard Business Review. (HINT – Professor appreciates a basic definition of terms — two sentences from the e-textbook (Deresky, 2017) is suitable.
Please discuss and substantiate the following:
1. Define and explain the risks involved in the global political, economic, sociocultural, legal, and technological environments? There are several risks. List and explain 3 risks for each of the 5 environments. In your discussion, provide EXAMPLES attached to the chosen risks.
2. Specifically, what can managers/leaders do to manage/mitigate the risks you have chosen?
- Describe the various methods advertisers use to segment and aggregate markets.
- Discuss the prognosis for a child born who is afflicted with the developmental problem that you choose to talk about.
- Compare the importance of infrastuture on both country.
- Explain how Steinbeck uses the chrysanthemums as a symbol (perhaps both cultural and contextual?) that provides insight into Elisa.
- Explain if you plan to conduct a regression analysis or correlation or t-test, and the measurements you plan to use You will be utilizing descriptive analysis and using descriptive statistics within Data Analysis in Excel (mean, median, standard deviation analysis, minimum, maximum).
- What factors might promote or slow down brain development?
- Compare and contrast the various leadership styles and evaluate how such styles can impact employee performance.
- Write an example of Jewish or Early Christian Art, formally analyze the artistic developments based on the following: materials, composition, color, spatial qualities, etc.
- Explain how you would introduce this topic to catch the audience’s attention and keep them engaged in the presentation.
- Describe something you learned from the documentary and how that impacted you.