Extinction is a basic behavior principle that occurs when a previously reinforced behavior is no longer reinforced, and as a result, the behavior decreases or stops occurring. Interesting, is that sometimes you will find that unreinforced behavior temporarily increases in frequency, intensity, duration, or that novel behaviors or emotional responses are exhibited temporarily due to what is called an extinction burst.
For this weeks Original post/Assignment you must address each of the 7 areas below:
1. Describe extinction in your own words.
2. Provide examples of when and under what circumstances you have experienced extinction in your own life.
3. What factors influence extinction?
4. What causes there to be a resistance to extinction?
5. Why do you suppose there are times when an extinction burst occurs, and does it occur more often after extinction of a negatively reinforced behavior or a positively reinforced behavior? Why or why not?
6. Have you experienced an extinction burst, if so under what circumastances?
7. What contributes to spontaneous recovery?
- Choose one of the following questions.
- Discuss the impacts of Physician-Assisted Suicide.
- How dose this reading to your experiences or the experiences of other individuals?
- List three types of goods that are classified as inventory.
- Discuss Diet related disease: high blood pressure.
- Discuss The differences of the Culture and Values between the United States and Spain.
- In “The Good Samaritan,” what steps did the Samaritan take to help the beaten man?
- Discuss African Americans in sports.
- Analyze the influence of cultural diversity when addressing global issues.
- Discuss Natural Language Processing for the Social Sciences.