Extinction is a basic behavior principle that occurs when a previously reinforced behavior is no longer reinforced, and as a result, the behavior decreases or stops occurring. Interesting, is that sometimes you will find that unreinforced behavior temporarily increases in frequency, intensity, duration, or that novel behaviors or emotional responses are exhibited temporarily due to what is called an extinction burst.
For this weeks Original post/Assignment you must address each of the 7 areas below:
1. Describe extinction in your own words.
2. Provide examples of when and under what circumstances you have experienced extinction in your own life.
3. What factors influence extinction?
4. What causes there to be a resistance to extinction?
5. Why do you suppose there are times when an extinction burst occurs, and does it occur more often after extinction of a negatively reinforced behavior or a positively reinforced behavior? Why or why not?
6. Have you experienced an extinction burst, if so under what circumastances?
7. What contributes to spontaneous recovery?
- Write a paper on “Why did the Axis Powers lose World War II.”
- Write a critical analysis of the book Until I am Free: Fannie Lou Hamer’s Enduring Message to America by Keisha N. Blain.
- What are the concepts and practices the authors’ view as essential for a just society?
- Business Systems & Leadership
- Mainstreaming the migrant learner
- Gluten Free
- Why was Charles II the only successful Stuart monarch?
- Globalization and human rights discourse
- The New Playbook In Sports Marketing