Week 03 Journal: Quoting, Paraphrasing, & Summarizing
Create Journal Entry
With your first major assignment due soon, and with the final paper growing ever close, it may be valuable to begin thinking about how you interact with sources you come across in your research.
Use this journal to reflect on your past experiences with the strategies of quoting, paraphrasing, and summarizing. How have you used each in the past? Which do you feel most comfortable with? Least comfortable with? Which do you think will prove most valuable to you as you move through this class?
Please keep in mind that your journal entry must be written in full sentences and be a minimum of 250 words.
Based on the article you annotated for this week, answer the following questions:
Who is the audience for the article?
What is the purpose of the article?
Discuss how the title, publisher, language, and structure of the article speak to a specific audience (as opposed to other potential audiences for the topic under discussion).
Post comments to one other student post. In your response, discuss disagreements with your own assessment, expand on a point made, or ask questions.
- Write an analysis providing evidence and a rationale that a selected gap in practice is in fact the root of a business’s problem.
- Write a 1500-2000 word research proposal (approx. 5-8 pages) in which you will develop a research question based on the theoretical insights of one of the theorists we are learning about.
- Based on your interactions with the health care system, describe which model reflects the prevailing processes in your country.
- Work on a plan to advise an agency or organization or a community or a business on how to be more trauma-informed – and why it will be helpful. Think more deeply about how you can apply what we are covering in this introductory course into your own personal experience.
- Write an essay on “Putting Up with Hate is One Price of Free Speech” Make an argument either for or against “outrageous” speech being protected under the First Amendment. 1443358 4 hours ago Please write using simple words
- Write an essay reporting your efforts to find evidence of facilitative communicative acts in the recorded history of a group of people who worked on a project that eventually turned out to be highly successful. Describe and analyze 5 acts from the article by Raffi Khatchadourian, “We Know How You Feel,” that could be facilitative communicative acts that demonstrate why or how the team was successful.
- Prepare a planning sheet for Physical for toddlers, Teaching goal and Context area(whole child).
- Summarize seperately the following link into your own words.
- What is the claim related to globalization that you are choosing for your final paper?
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of research-based frameworks about learning