HSTM 4445 Research Project
The purpose of
this assignment is to have you put together a research proposal for Sport and
Fitness Management-related topic, bringing in much of what you have learned
through the class in regards to research design and implementation.
You are to follow
the outline below for putting together a research proposal. This must be typed
into a Word document with 12-point, Times New Roman font and double-spaced
throughout. You must follow correct APA 6th edition formatting and
citation; a failure to do so will severely impact your grade.
need to determine if the topic you have in mind is researchable. Doing a
preliminary literature search will save you time in the long run. Based on your
research interest, type up the following:
the Troy Libraries databases to search for article content for your research
topic of interest; you will need to have at least 8 peer-reviewed sources
(i.e., journal articles) for your project, so make sure there is enough
published research to complete your project.
your study objective. Why is your study necessary and important?
your potential research hypotheses.
the variables (in particular, independent and dependent variables) that you
will measure to complete the study.
a potential group (sample or population) of participants for the study.
at least 3 keywords or short phrases that could be used in searching for
literature that relates to your topic.
the Problem or Question.
a. Assuming that you
have done a preliminary search, have sufficient literature, and have identified
the research gap, identify the problem or question your research proposal aims
the Problem or Question.
a. Describe the
problem with specificity. Why is this important? What value to either
academicians or practitioners will this study have?
that your proposed research problem/question has not been addressed by other
scholars already. If it has been investigated, discuss why more research is
a. Using the keywords
identified in Step 1 as well as your preliminary literature results, use the
Troy Libraries databases to conduct an extensive literature review on your
topic of interest. This will take a lot of time. Once you have found articles
on point, look to the articles cited in them; this will lead you to more
articles. You must identify at least 8
peer-reviewed articles on your topic of interest. Newspaper and
magazine articles do not count to this total.
YOU CANNOT USE
GOOGLE TO DO YOUR RESEARCH, SO DO NOT BOTHER! YOU MUST USE THE TROY LIBRARIES!
from your peer-reviewed sources, you can (and should) use additional sources,
such as newspaper articles and magazine articles.
clear from websites as sources (i.e. Bleacher Report); they hold little to no
do not necessarily need to stick to the journals listed in the article
assignments, but they would be a good start.
is in your best interest to line up your Article Reviews with this research
project, since you need to read through these articles anyways for your
your research study hypothesis or hypotheses.
should tie directly back to your Research Question/Problem.
identify the variables of your study:
will need to think carefully about this. Review the numerous research
methods/designs we have examined this term in this course. Your Research
Question/Problem should dictate the method(s) you choose. Make sure to
identify, in detail, the design you plan on using (e.g., focus group,
structured interviews, mail survey, observation, etc.). You should consider
using a number of these in conjunction for your study. This needs to be
you plan on using a survey instrument, you need to identify how the survey will
be developed. If using an already developed survey, make sure to identify it.
need to address the issues of internal and external validity outlined in
Chapter 10. Which of these would apply to your study? How do you plan on
Data Collection Procedures.
in detail your plans for collecting data for your research project. Make sure
to address the following:
the population of interest.
your sampling techniques.
the protocol for collecting data (e.g., mail survey, observation, interviews,
Data Analysis Procedures.
the data analysis procedures(i.e., statistical analysis) you plan on using in
your research project (e.g., t-test, ANOVA, etc.).
a brief timeline for the research project.
a. You must include a
reference list for sources used in this project. It must conform to APA 6th
edition formatting. If you are not familiar with this formatting, you need to
either purchase an APA manual (Amazon is a good, cheap place), check out a
manual from a library, or use a variety of online resources dedicated to APA
http://www.apastyle.org/ (look at the
b. The formatting
must be throughout the paper, including References. You will lose points for failing to use proper APA formatting.
- Write a 1500-2000 word research proposal (approx. 5-8 pages) in which you will develop a research question based on the theoretical insights of one of the theorists we are learning about.
- Based on your interactions with the health care system, describe which model reflects the prevailing processes in your country.
- Work on a plan to advise an agency or organization or a community or a business on how to be more trauma-informed – and why it will be helpful. Think more deeply about how you can apply what we are covering in this introductory course into your own personal experience.
- Write an essay on “Putting Up with Hate is One Price of Free Speech” Make an argument either for or against “outrageous” speech being protected under the First Amendment. 1443358 4 hours ago Please write using simple words
- Write an essay reporting your efforts to find evidence of facilitative communicative acts in the recorded history of a group of people who worked on a project that eventually turned out to be highly successful. Describe and analyze 5 acts from the article by Raffi Khatchadourian, “We Know How You Feel,” that could be facilitative communicative acts that demonstrate why or how the team was successful.
- Prepare a planning sheet for Physical for toddlers, Teaching goal and Context area(whole child).
- Summarize seperately the following link into your own words.
- What is the claim related to globalization that you are choosing for your final paper?
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of research-based frameworks about learning
- Write a term paper discussing about cognitive maps as learning strategy.