Write an Op Ed using 750-1000 words.
Share a first hand account of a moment you have experienced or witnessed that illustrates a specific change needed in our schools.
After the first hand account, explain how the moment illustrates the need for change. Like the Ordinary Moment assignment, describe a single specific moment. Keep the moment focused and limited in time, Unlike the Ordinary Moment assignment, your event has to relate to school, and you can focus on a moment that stands out for you, that was perhaps unordinary, something you won’t forget.
To strengthen your argument include a counter argument, a rebuttal and a call to action along with your explanation.
Checklist for the Op Ed:
Use all of the skills applied to the Ordinary Moments assignment to develop a vivid personal narrative (first hand account)
After the above story, add an explanation of the lesson the narrative teaches and the problem it illustrates.
The Explanation will include the following:
The problem clearly illustrated in a specific moment written as descriptive narrative
A meaningful counter argument. Name what might keep reasonable people from agreeing with you.
A thoughtful rebuttal to the counter argument that directly addresses the weakness of the counter argument.
Include a call to action. Make clear what you would like your reader to do in response to your Op Ed.
For more information on the elements required in an Op Ed please see Five Parts of an Op Ed.
3. Show evidence of your assignment developing through a writing process. Submit the rough draft and show the revised changes in the final draft
4. Apply MLA format
5. Show you are improving the skills you applied in Essay 1: The Ordinary Moments Assignment
To revisit the handbook page explaining the writing goals for the class, use this link.
- The proposal: Exploting Sustainable Agriculture
- Discussion Post 4
- Analysis of the novel All The Light We Cannot See
- ANALYSE AND IDEATE A2: Individual Report (Jason 17/04/2023)
- Describe the implications of the proposed intervention to nursing education and practice.
- Written Response to Full-Class Reading/Viewing Assignment #2
- compare and contrast essay
- Medical Report Composition
- Find a post (or post a link to) a concept of Communication in Film (photo, short video, brief piece of writing, song, etc –that no one else in the class has posted to the blog yet) related to dealing with coronavirus. You may write about films, songs, etc dealing with isolation, exile, and illness. No two posts can be identical.
- Child Psychology