Write an Op Ed using 750-1000 words.
Share a first hand account of a moment you have experienced or witnessed that illustrates a specific change needed in our schools.
After the first hand account, explain how the moment illustrates the need for change. Like the Ordinary Moment assignment, describe a single specific moment. Keep the moment focused and limited in time, Unlike the Ordinary Moment assignment, your event has to relate to school, and you can focus on a moment that stands out for you, that was perhaps unordinary, something you won’t forget.
To strengthen your argument include a counter argument, a rebuttal and a call to action along with your explanation.
Checklist for the Op Ed:
Use all of the skills applied to the Ordinary Moments assignment to develop a vivid personal narrative (first hand account)
After the above story, add an explanation of the lesson the narrative teaches and the problem it illustrates.
The Explanation will include the following:
The problem clearly illustrated in a specific moment written as descriptive narrative
A meaningful counter argument. Name what might keep reasonable people from agreeing with you.
A thoughtful rebuttal to the counter argument that directly addresses the weakness of the counter argument.
Include a call to action. Make clear what you would like your reader to do in response to your Op Ed.
For more information on the elements required in an Op Ed please see Five Parts of an Op Ed.
3. Show evidence of your assignment developing through a writing process. Submit the rough draft and show the revised changes in the final draft
4. Apply MLA format
5. Show you are improving the skills you applied in Essay 1: The Ordinary Moments Assignment
To revisit the handbook page explaining the writing goals for the class, use this link.
- Write a 1500-2000 word research proposal (approx. 5-8 pages) in which you will develop a research question based on the theoretical insights of one of the theorists we are learning about.
- Based on your interactions with the health care system, describe which model reflects the prevailing processes in your country.
- Work on a plan to advise an agency or organization or a community or a business on how to be more trauma-informed – and why it will be helpful. Think more deeply about how you can apply what we are covering in this introductory course into your own personal experience.
- Write an essay on “Putting Up with Hate is One Price of Free Speech” Make an argument either for or against “outrageous” speech being protected under the First Amendment. 1443358 4 hours ago Please write using simple words
- Write an essay reporting your efforts to find evidence of facilitative communicative acts in the recorded history of a group of people who worked on a project that eventually turned out to be highly successful. Describe and analyze 5 acts from the article by Raffi Khatchadourian, “We Know How You Feel,” that could be facilitative communicative acts that demonstrate why or how the team was successful.
- Prepare a planning sheet for Physical for toddlers, Teaching goal and Context area(whole child).
- Summarize seperately the following link into your own words.
- What is the claim related to globalization that you are choosing for your final paper?
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of research-based frameworks about learning
- Write a term paper discussing about cognitive maps as learning strategy.