Students will choose a current or past clinical case and write a briefing paper that describes the
relationship between a social determinant of health and a specific health outcome (e.g.,
childhood experiences and anxiety, or housing and asthma, etc.). The paper should include a
description of the clinical case/medical issue/background, the relevant social determinant of
health that impacts the situation, recommendations for change as demonstrated by the
action/intervention of the Registered Nurse, and systemic or health policy related
recommendations. Recommendations for change and reasons why (medical and social) should
be based on three – five peer reviewed/published articles on the topic. Students may find the
following website helpful in completing this assignment: https://www.canada.ca/en/publichealth/services/health-promotion/population-health/what-determines-health.html
The paper should be a maximum of five pages (excluding references and appendices) using APA
7th edition format: double-spaced, 12-point font, minimum 1 margins.
- Describe 4 ways you can make deposits in other people’s emotional bank accounts.
- Explain Plato Knowledge and Reality and relate to the Socratic method.
- What matters is if the story has TIP CUP values.
- Write a paper explaining patients’ rights as it relates to choice of treatment, consent for treatment, and refusal of treatment.
- What is the legacy of colonialism according to the various authors that we have read (be sure to reference at least three)?
- Write an essay on why qualifying with your weapon is important in the army/military.
- Describe the internal and external criticism that is used to evaluate middle range theories”.
- Discuss the types of behaviors that are typically exhibited by a facilitator in team meetings.
- Describe a scene (specific place) you remember from your childhood.
- Explain how Peter Funt builds an argument to persuade his audience that the digital age is making it more difficult to preserve one’s memories.