This week students will read and critically analyze a case study relating to diversity management in organizations. The case study provided is suitable for students to examine:
The challenges of diversity training and how to make it work
The concept of organization employees managing a diverse customer base
The importance and benefits of diversity management for organizations
Students will answer the following questions:
1. (10 points) Explain what happened in this racially-based incident at Starbucks. What went wrong at the store’s worker level? Were they providing equal service to customers? NOTE – this was the most prominent example, but there have been other examples of racism allegations at other Starbucks.
2. (10 points) What did Starbucks actively do about correcting the racial equity, diversity, and inclusion issues within its brand? How did they work to train their employees? This may require additional research to uncover their response.
3. (20 points) Based on this case and your research online about Starbucks efforts (you can review peer reviewed academic articles, industry journals, and widely circulated news reports)- form an opinion and support with citations and sources – Did Starbuck’s response adequately address the issue for training and talent development of its employees?
4. (10 points) Support your written work via in-text citations and supporting references formatted to APA style -7th edition.
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Discuss and demonstrate professional demeanor in your writing and critical thought throughout your paper.
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Explain how well you support your assertions, did you provide examples, how well did you contextualize the content, and how well did you employ ‘terms of art’.
- Discuss the major points made in the essay and evaluate whether you agree or disagree with the author’s overall conclusion.
- Write a research paper on recognize the relationship of criminal justice system components and processes with society and government.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Discuss the difference between homologues and analogues structures (including divergent and convergent evolution).
- Is a degree from an online college or university as legitimate as a degree from a brick-and-mortar university?
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.