The purpose of this project is to explore the life stage of adolescence using three different types of sources: our class text, your selected graphic novel, and a peer-reviewed research paper. Making connections between themes in each of these types of sources should reveal insights about general trends and specific examples from this stage of life.
Skills developed in this project include:
Read and summarize research articles
Make connections between individual experiences and general research trends
Revise drafts based on feedback
Write a well structured and edited essay
TED Talk: The Mysterious Workings of the Adolescent Brain (Links to an external site.)
Introduction to Adolescence
Adolescence Physical Development
Adolescence Cognitive Development
Adolescence Social Development
1 psychology 200 book
1. Pashmina book
3. own source but from LWTECH library
essay have to connected audiences with Pashmina book from Chanani
- Explain how social media affects mental health?
- Write a research paper on gender inequality in the workplace.
- Write a research paper about mathematician Emil Artin.
- Write an argumentative paper that relies heavily on your novel’s perspective of the issue.
- Explain why black men should be considered victims without a victim.
- Discuss what you think should be done to help solve the hunger crisis in America.
- Discuss abut Henry David Thoreau’s 1849 essay “On the Duty of Civil Disobedience.
- Explain the measures of central tendency (mean, median, etc.) and variation (standard deviation, confidence interval, etc.) used to describe participants.
- Explain why U.S schools should be primarily funded by the federal government.
- What Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE) is, who suffers from this disease, how it occurs, and the known treatments, if any, to help alleviate the symptoms.