Today’s healthcare ecosystem is influenced by external factors such as legislative events, economic changes, and social trends impacting delivery systems. The role of the health information management professional is to analyze and respond to the information needs of external and internal customers throughout the continuum of healthcare services (the healthcare ecosystem). For this task, you will be expected to demonstrate your understanding of today’s healthcare ecosystem and trends in services and how health information management professionals play an important role in monitoring the impact of national health information initiatives, particularly in the use of information systems.
You are tasked with collecting information about a hospital regarding trends in the healthcare ecosystem and their effects. Select one large hospital in your geographic area or one that is nationally known for its service excellence. Some examples are Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, Maryland; Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota; Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio; Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts; or Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, California. You may use the hospital’s website, latest annual report, or other reports found on their website, to locate information needed for this task.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. An originality report is provided when you submit your task that can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
A. Discuss how one historic, legislative, social, or economic event impacted the growth of your chosen hospital.
Note: The historic, legislative, social, or economic event should be based in the local community.
B. Discuss how a service provided by your chosen hospital impacts access to healthcare and the quality of health in the community.
C. Examine trends and emerging technological developments of your chosen hospital by doing the following:
1. Analyze the impact of your chosen hospital’s health information management technology has on its healthcare delivery.
2. Analyze how your chosen hospital uses emerging technology to support its projects or initiatives.
D. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
- Write a paper on the Madisonian Model of American Government.
- Write a paper on “How one defines what a person is or when human life begins determines one’s bioethical views on major issues such as abortion, IVF, embryonic stem cell research, and euthanasia.”
- Write a paper on how Critical analysis can be understood as the practice or process of breaking down and examining arguments presented in text or speech and assessing their viability.
- What is the prevalence of acute malnutrition between children 6–59 months of age living at Mifolni refugee camp? What are the major factors that could be associated with acute malnutrition in the camp?
- Write a Final Review Essay on Cone’s The Cross and the Lynching Tree
- Write a paper on the principles with which the website will be designed so that it is pedagogically effective in teaching students the history of Black female mathematicians.
- Knowledge and competencies of an enrollment management professional.
- What are the effects of Bullying and Mental Health.
- WRITE AN ESSAY AMERICAN NATIONAL GOVERNMENT
- Write an essay on the Children taking antipsychtics not prescribed by a mental health provider.