Realism: NAAL, Realism and Naturalism, 578.
Howells, 314-316; Editors Study, 579-583; From Novel-Writing and Novel-Reading. Brightspace>Content>Course Materials
James, From The Art of Fiction, 584-586.
Howells (The Dean of American Letters) and James are the standard bearers for Realism in American Literature.
What is a good working definition of Realism based on the texts we read by these two men this week?
Which text does the best job of explaining realism, in your opinion, and how/why does that author communicate his meaning successfully?
Why did realism become a key component of American Literature? What was happening contextually that explains why these men would argue for “truth” in writing?
- The proposal: Exploting Sustainable Agriculture
- Discussion Post 4
- Analysis of the novel All The Light We Cannot See
- ANALYSE AND IDEATE A2: Individual Report (Jason 17/04/2023)
- Describe the implications of the proposed intervention to nursing education and practice.
- Written Response to Full-Class Reading/Viewing Assignment #2
- compare and contrast essay
- Medical Report Composition
- Find a post (or post a link to) a concept of Communication in Film (photo, short video, brief piece of writing, song, etc –that no one else in the class has posted to the blog yet) related to dealing with coronavirus. You may write about films, songs, etc dealing with isolation, exile, and illness. No two posts can be identical.
- Child Psychology