Title: Nutrition for Older Adults (65+)
Americans are living longer. By 2030, the number of U.S. adults aged 65 or older will more than double to about 71 million (CDC, 2015). Aging adults generally experience higher risk of chronic diseases – in 2012, it was reported that 60% of older adults managed two or more chronic conditions (ODPHP, 2018). Not only do older adults tend to have more chronic conditions but this age group experiences physiological changes that might impact nutritional status. In this discussion, you will have the opportunity to review the impact that the aging process has on older adults.
The following resources may assist you with completion of this assignment.
Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). (2015, March 13). General information about the older adult population. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/aging/emergency/general.htm
Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (ODPHP). (2018, May 25). Older adults. Retrieved from https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives/topic/older-adults
Discuss the following in your initial post:
What is one physiological change that occurs with aging that may affect older adults (65+).
How does the one physiological change impact an older adults nutritional status? What nutrients could be impacted?
If one of your close friends or relatives was experiencing this physiological change, what steps would you take to overcome their limitations and ensure adequate nutrition?
Give some examples of community programs in your area that are available to assist older adults with their nutritional status?
- Explain why Elkay may have needed a new cost system and why management selected this system quickly?
- Discuss how person or situation factors in the case contributed to the problem.
- Explain what factors and past experiences are motivating you to pursue public service.
- What would be some of the criteria you would use to measure the success of a shift to DevOps practices within a company?
- Define freedom, and within your definition, consider how ignorance, knowledge, and the tools for acquiring knowledge can either lead to freedom or inhibit freedom.
- In what ways do both Calista and Miss Mallard gain freedom, and what does this indicate about their lives?
- What are specific historical incidents that foreshadow current-day problems?
- Compare and contrast the philosophies of Miami Dade College Benjamin Leon School of Nursing and at least one hospital.
- Write an email communicating the company-wide policy (for an imaginary company led by you) on email formatting, content, and etiquette.
- What role does Thaddeus Stevens have in the passage of the amendment.