Title: Nutrition for Older Adults (65+)
Americans are living longer. By 2030, the number of U.S. adults aged 65 or older will more than double to about 71 million (CDC, 2015). Aging adults generally experience higher risk of chronic diseases – in 2012, it was reported that 60% of older adults managed two or more chronic conditions (ODPHP, 2018). Not only do older adults tend to have more chronic conditions but this age group experiences physiological changes that might impact nutritional status. In this discussion, you will have the opportunity to review the impact that the aging process has on older adults.
The following resources may assist you with completion of this assignment.
Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). (2015, March 13). General information about the older adult population. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/aging/emergency/general.htm
Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (ODPHP). (2018, May 25). Older adults. Retrieved from https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives/topic/older-adults
Discuss the following in your initial post:
What is one physiological change that occurs with aging that may affect older adults (65+).
How does the one physiological change impact an older adults nutritional status? What nutrients could be impacted?
If one of your close friends or relatives was experiencing this physiological change, what steps would you take to overcome their limitations and ensure adequate nutrition?
Give some examples of community programs in your area that are available to assist older adults with their nutritional status?
- The proposal: Exploting Sustainable Agriculture
- Discussion Post 4
- Analysis of the novel All The Light We Cannot See
- ANALYSE AND IDEATE A2: Individual Report (Jason 17/04/2023)
- Describe the implications of the proposed intervention to nursing education and practice.
- Written Response to Full-Class Reading/Viewing Assignment #2
- compare and contrast essay
- Medical Report Composition
- Find a post (or post a link to) a concept of Communication in Film (photo, short video, brief piece of writing, song, etc –that no one else in the class has posted to the blog yet) related to dealing with coronavirus. You may write about films, songs, etc dealing with isolation, exile, and illness. No two posts can be identical.
- Child Psychology