Title: Nutrition for Older Adults (65+)
Americans are living longer. By 2030, the number of U.S. adults aged 65 or older will more than double to about 71 million (CDC, 2015). Aging adults generally experience higher risk of chronic diseases – in 2012, it was reported that 60% of older adults managed two or more chronic conditions (ODPHP, 2018). Not only do older adults tend to have more chronic conditions but this age group experiences physiological changes that might impact nutritional status. In this discussion, you will have the opportunity to review the impact that the aging process has on older adults.
The following resources may assist you with completion of this assignment.
Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). (2015, March 13). General information about the older adult population. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/aging/emergency/general.htm
Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (ODPHP). (2018, May 25). Older adults. Retrieved from https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives/topic/older-adults
Discuss the following in your initial post:
What is one physiological change that occurs with aging that may affect older adults (65+).
How does the one physiological change impact an older adults nutritional status? What nutrients could be impacted?
If one of your close friends or relatives was experiencing this physiological change, what steps would you take to overcome their limitations and ensure adequate nutrition?
Give some examples of community programs in your area that are available to assist older adults with their nutritional status?
- Describe 4 ways you can make deposits in other people’s emotional bank accounts.
- Explain Plato Knowledge and Reality and relate to the Socratic method.
- What matters is if the story has TIP CUP values.
- Write a paper explaining patients’ rights as it relates to choice of treatment, consent for treatment, and refusal of treatment.
- What is the legacy of colonialism according to the various authors that we have read (be sure to reference at least three)?
- Write an essay on why qualifying with your weapon is important in the army/military.
- Describe the internal and external criticism that is used to evaluate middle range theories”.
- Discuss the types of behaviors that are typically exhibited by a facilitator in team meetings.
- Describe a scene (specific place) you remember from your childhood.
- Explain how Peter Funt builds an argument to persuade his audience that the digital age is making it more difficult to preserve one’s memories.