Title: Nutrition for Older Adults (65+)
Americans are living longer. By 2030, the number of U.S. adults aged 65 or older will more than double to about 71 million (CDC, 2015). Aging adults generally experience higher risk of chronic diseases – in 2012, it was reported that 60% of older adults managed two or more chronic conditions (ODPHP, 2018). Not only do older adults tend to have more chronic conditions but this age group experiences physiological changes that might impact nutritional status. In this discussion, you will have the opportunity to review the impact that the aging process has on older adults.
The following resources may assist you with completion of this assignment.
Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). (2015, March 13). General information about the older adult population. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/aging/emergency/general.htm
Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (ODPHP). (2018, May 25). Older adults. Retrieved from https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives/topic/older-adults
Discuss the following in your initial post:
What is one physiological change that occurs with aging that may affect older adults (65+).
How does the one physiological change impact an older adults nutritional status? What nutrients could be impacted?
If one of your close friends or relatives was experiencing this physiological change, what steps would you take to overcome their limitations and ensure adequate nutrition?
Give some examples of community programs in your area that are available to assist older adults with their nutritional status?
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Discuss and demonstrate professional demeanor in your writing and critical thought throughout your paper.
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Explain how well you support your assertions, did you provide examples, how well did you contextualize the content, and how well did you employ ‘terms of art’.
- Discuss the major points made in the essay and evaluate whether you agree or disagree with the author’s overall conclusion.
- Write a research paper on recognize the relationship of criminal justice system components and processes with society and government.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Discuss the difference between homologues and analogues structures (including divergent and convergent evolution).
- Is a degree from an online college or university as legitimate as a degree from a brick-and-mortar university?
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.